Info request from the CA folks.

• HTML tutorial

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

I am planning a family vacation to the Redwoods national park in late July and for now the plan is a follows:

Depart Seattle are and head south to Redwoods quick as possible. Explore the redwoods park and other CA state parks in the area for a few days 3 to 4 then drive up coast on 101. We have a few days to make the trip up the coast.

Plan is to stay in the Park while in the Redwoods or at some state parks while there, I have the required permits figured out for the area and plan on getting them, but if there are any great off the beaten path places that any of you could recommend I am down to see if I can work them into the trip as well.

I have not searched the posted trip tracks on OB yet and I will be looking through them soon.

Thanks for your time.
Craig

Reactions: Zargon

Ed B

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Riverside, Ca. 92506
Member #

Pull up a map of the Lost Coast and look at Mattole beach. If you don't have the time to camp there the Lost Coast road N/B through Ferndale and back to the 101 is a nice drive. Drove the route S/B last summer and then drove N/B through Avenue of the Giants. Awe inspiring.

Reactions: BobG and giarc1234

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I am planning a family vacation to the Redwoods national park in late July and for now the plan is a follows:

Depart Seattle are and head south to Redwoods quick as possible. Explore the redwoods park and other CA state parks in the area for a few days 3 to 4 then drive up coast on 101. We have a few days to make the trip up the coast.

Plan is to stay in the Park while in the Redwoods or at some state parks while there, I have the required permits figured out for the area and plan on getting them, but if there are any great off the beaten path places that any of you could recommend I am down to see if I can work them into the trip as well.

I have not searched the posted trip tracks on OB yet and I will be looking through them soon.

Thanks for your time.
Craig
If you end up heading south enough to get to Santa Barbara let me know and I can show you a bit of the back country roads and our local hidden hot springs

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

I don't think we will make it down that far, but I will keep you informed if or plans do take us that far south. I do have family in SoCal and next time I am down that way I will hit you up and would love to check it out for sure.

Thank you,
Craig

If you end up heading south enough to get to Santa Barbara let me know and I can show you a bit of the back country roads and our local hidden hot springs

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

Pull up a map of the Lost Coast and look at Mattole beach. If you don't have the time to camp there the Lost Coast road N/B through Ferndale and back to the 101 is a nice drive. Drove the route S/B last summer and then drove N/B through Avenue of the Giants. Awe inspiring.
I will definitely look it up on the map, but I think it is a little farther south than we are planning on going. Thank you @Ed B

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Mendocino national forest is amazing. No shortage of rds and great views all over the place. I simply wandered through so sadly I have no routes to share.

Reactions: MBroenkow and BobG