Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I just stumbled upon this inexpensive cargo/fridge slide, and was wondering if anybody has any experience with it?

At $120, I might just take a chance on it.

Bugnut

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Laven
Member #

Dang! Wish I had seen this before they sold out. Actually ordered the same (seems exceptionally identical) from Amazon not a couple days before or after this. Not a great deal at Amazon but hopefully 'good enough'.

Mike

jeeper_4_life

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kansas
First Name
Rob
Last Name
E
Member #

I bought this from DFG Offroad back in the spring. It was still more than I wanted to give for a slide, but considering heavy duty slides cost almost as much as the price of this without material it seemed easier to swallow vs more expensive ones or building it myself. I have used it once so far on a weekend trip. It worked fine. Age and more use will tell more as life goes on. Only thing is the slides are not heavy duty so it has some wobble to it when fully open. You are able to push it side to side somewhat, and when pulling in and out. It will serve my purposes though.

IMG_9312.jpegIMG_9310.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: RoarinRow

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Dang! Wish I had seen this before they sold out. Actually ordered the same (seems exceptionally identical) from Amazon not a couple days before or after this. Not a great deal at Amazon but hopefully 'good enough'.

Mike
I wish I'd bought this before it sold out! Oh well. I'm sure there's something similar out there in a similar price range.

COLDCUT

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Temecula, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Oldham
Member #

I bought this from DFG Offroad back in the spring. It was still more than I wanted to give for a slide, but considering heavy duty slides cost almost as much as the price of this without material it seemed easier to swallow vs more expensive ones or building it myself. I have used it once so far on a weekend trip. It worked fine. Age and more use will tell more as life goes on. Only thing is the slides are not heavy duty so it has some wobble to it when fully open. You are able to push it side to side somewhat, and when pulling in and out. It will serve my purposes though.

View attachment 162087View attachment 162086
I second the DFG Off-road recommendation. I purchased one recently for my Dometic fridge and it is really well made. Aluminum too so it’s much lighter than the Dometic factory model.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I second the DFG Off-road recommendation. I purchased one recently for my Dometic fridge and it is really well made. Aluminum too so it’s much lighter than the Dometic factory model.
I also just found out Ironman 4x4 has one as well. It's a tad bit more than the one I posted above, but less expensive than the dfg slide.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I used a piece of plywood and made a custom slide for the entire bed of my truck using these caster wheels!

Bugnut

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Laven
Member #

Got the slide the other day from Amazon - via somewhere in China. Gotta say, this thing is much more substantial and better built than I was expecting. Beefy and solid to say the least. Already modifying for a tilt out of the cargo space and my in progress drawers. Bungee cord for demo purposes only!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Got the slide the other day from Amazon - via somewhere in China. Gotta say, this thing is much more substantial and better built than I was expecting. Beefy and solid to say the least. Already modifying for a tilt out of the cargo space and my in progress drawers. Bungee cord for demo purposes only!

Looks pretty similar to the iceco slide on amazon for $200.

BTW, do you drive a 2nd gen X?

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

I just stumbled upon this inexpensive cargo/fridge slide, and was wondering if anybody has any experience with it?

At $120, I might just take a chance on it.

I thought getting mine for $150 was a steal. This one takes the cake.

Bugnut

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Laven
Member #

Looks pretty similar to the iceco slide on amazon for $200.

BTW, do you drive a 2nd gen X?
Yep that's the iceco one out there on Amazon. Just shipped straight from China based on the box!

Yep, and a 1st Gen too! Actually have a first year w 200k and this '14 Pro4X as a younger twin.

Mike

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Nice! I love my '03. Sitting with 142k on it, and drives awesome. When it comes time to replace my Daily truck, I'm looking into picking up a Frontier Pro-4x.

I'll probably go with the ICECO slide, as I'm likely going to end up with an ICECO fridge next year anyways.

Reactions: Bugnut

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Yep that's the iceco one out there on Amazon. Just shipped straight from China based on the box!

Yep, and a 1st Gen too! Actually have a first year w 200k and this '14 Pro4X as a younger twin.

Mike
Can you post a link to the slide you got?

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

Like some others, I also bought the DFG Offroad slider. Works great and they make pretty much any slider to fit any fridge from what I've seen. I bought an RCI fridge from a group buy and they were one of the few that made a slider for it. Been in the vehicle for maybe 20k miles and plenty of trails without issue.

Reactions: reaver

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz

View attachment 162087View attachment 162086
I've been running a DFG tilt slide for 3+ years now, and it's lasted well

Reactions: reaver