Idaho Overlander checking in.

• HTML tutorial

winchmonster

Rank 0

Traveler I

Boise, Idaho
Member #

Just testing the waters and seeing who else from Idaho may be out here. I know of at least 1 group on FB, but, it seems that there are very few travels/events/ info...at least what I can find on the maps or forums. Maybe this is a good time to start a network20171013_090028.jpeg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Just testing the waters and seeing who else from Idaho may be out here. I know of at least 1 group on FB, but, it seems that there are very few travels/events/ info...at least what I can find on the maps or forums. Maybe this is a good time to start a networkView attachment 67897
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...looking forward to seeing your adventures. I'm currently in Washington and getting ready to move to central Oregon near Sun River and Bend Oregon. @flyingnome is from Idaho and a friend . @Kent R can help you with logistics of setting up a meet up in your area. Good luck and welcome to the family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just testing the waters and seeing who else from Idaho may be out here. I know of at least 1 group on FB, but, it seems that there are very few travels/events/ info...at least what I can find on the maps or forums. Maybe this is a good time to start a networkView attachment 67897
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There are lots of OLB members in the Boise area a good way to find them is to message on the forum using the map feature for your area.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Welcome to OB. I live in Boise, too. There are a good # of OB members within a 40 mile radius of Boise. We were up in Idaho City last week a stumbled across a Jeep owner with his badge next to the Trail Ready sticker. I'm just a mile south of the BSU campus, off-of Broadway. Gibbs

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Welcome to OB. I live in Boise, too. There are a good # of OB members within a 40 mile radius of Boise. We were up in Idaho City last week a stumbled across a Jeep owner with his badge next to the Trail Ready sticker. I'm just a mile south of the BSU campus, off-of Broadway. Gibbs
Thank you David.....appreciated.

Reactions: winchmonster

winchmonster

Rank 0

Traveler I

Boise, Idaho
Member #

David, awesome news, my next big adventure will be next weekend up around Cambridge...of course, hunting season...lots of good traveling up in the Payette Natl. Forest area. I hope to have some good pics of the areas I know, and some new as well...to share.

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...looking forward to seeing your adventures. I'm currently in Washington and getting ready to move to central Oregon near Sun River and Bend Oregon. @flyingnome is from Idaho and a friend . @Kent R can help you with logistics of setting up a meet up in your area. Good luck and welcome to the family.

Hey thanks for the tag and kind words, been out with the kids at the park today.

@winchmonster
Welcome to OB! Another Boise resident here, native to Boise even haha. I went rock crawling with a group of guys a week ago, but those were some pretty serious rigs. Would love to get a local group together !

@David C Gibbs

Next time you make an idaho city run give me a shout, always up for lunch and pie at Trudys.

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Trudy's has a great Patty-melt, and Onion Rings. We had a late lunch there on Sunday. I spend a lot of time Fly-fishing on the North Fork, and down into the Middle Fork of the Boise. DG
Their prime rib finger steaks are awesome too. I havent done any fly fishing up there. Was further up Thursday by Fir Creek and had an excellent day on the water. Just got my custom fly rod in the mail today so I need to go test it out asap.

Reactions: winchmonster

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
North Idaho checking in. Feel obligated to check in for a call for Idaho, even though we are hours away. We have a nice little group up her in the Coeur d'Alene Spokane area and plenty of beautiful places to visit. Let us know if your ever headed up his way. IDBDR goes right through our stomping grounds.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Boise here as well. Just joined OVB
Welcome to Overland Bound, @BMA. The Southwest Idaho area has a number of great activities going on, as you have already discovered [link]. There are also members throughout the PNW holding events that might peach your interest, so I recommend continuing to checking out the Overland Bound Northwest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your extended neighbors. You may also want to post an introduction on the main forums "New Members Start Here" thread [link].

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: BMA and flyingnome

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Would anyone be interested in doing a day trip? I've been up into the owyhees a few times, but would love to check out a few more areas. I'm also pretty new to off roading in general, and am definitely not comfortable going alone yet.