I need a Ram 2500 Rear Bumper

• HTML tutorial

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
Looking for a rear bumper that has a spare tire swing arm and possibly storage for fuel cans for a Ram 2500. I can find them all day for Jeeps and Tacoma's. If anyone has any leads on something like this you would be my hero.

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

I was able to dig up these guys on google: https://www.aluminess.com/dodge/

It may also be a good opportunity to go custom, work with a local fab shop to build something that meets your design requirements. For that size of rig you'd probably want to go with dual swingouts, a single swingout that's the full width of the bed could get complicated in tight parking lots. If the swingouts don't have gas struts to assist opening make sure that there is some sort of locking pin to keep them in the open position or they can be a real pain when parked on a hill. I don't know what your background is with bumper/carriers but those are some of the big things I've picked up on over the years. Hope that helps.

Dodge-Ram-Rear-Bumper.jpg

Reactions: Sonarman

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

Theyv
Expedition One had one at SEMA, Exp-one.com. I don’t know anything about them , I just stumbled across a video on YouTube.
They've been in the game for a little while, I wouldn't hesitate to order through them. I believe they've developed some sort of proprietary latching mechanism that's supposed to be very slick. The standard swingout latches on most bumpers can be kind of a pain.

jtranum

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cleveland, MS
Member #

Aluminess bumpers are the way to go for these trucks. I have been eyeing one for my 2015 ram 2500 for a while. However, a steel swing out bumper would help add some much needed rear end weight to these vastly front heavy trucks.

From Aluminess website

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

frenchytoast

Rank 0

Traveler I

Look up mercenary offroad, they are out of the ventura area and he makes very good looking bumpers for the rams that work with parking sensors. I have a few friends with them. But I'm sure he can take one of his plate bumpers and modify it to your needs