Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

So the overlanding, boon docking season is here.

I run my dog on the beach, yesterday a Ford Transit thing was parked where I often do so we kept going
Hes gone today so the dog runs, I walk and what do we discover 20' grom where he camped.....

HUMAN FECES

Too freaking lazy to dig an 8" deep hole and cover it up, Nope, lets just dump a load and leave.

For anyone wondering why the locals hate you.
This is top of the list.

Get a brain, quit being a lazy, inconsiderate peice of crap and quit dumping a load in the forest.
No, HUMAN FECES is not the same as deer droppings.

Last edited:

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I know man. I hate it. I was camped along the river in the borderlands where, about a hundred yards away, was a well kept outhouse with Clivus Multrum composting toilet. There was rarely ever anyone else around but me 'til weekends, so it was nice.

One night I heard someone pull in late and the next morning gave the rig a wave when I walked by, though they were still sleeping, evidently. It was all blinged out with overland gear hanging everywhere. They took off shortly after and left behind a full portable potty, not wanting to lug it and empty it. It couldn't have just been forgotten. I could see from the tracks it had been at the back fender driver's side.

I've seen far too many backcountry sites with desert blossoms--toilet paper that wasn't buried so blew around and stuck to cactus--along with recent dumps, in a ring around site about just far enough to be at the edge of campfire light. Too lazy, or too scared, to walk to the outhouse they passed on the way in.

THAT's why so many places don't allow even digging cat holes anymore.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Good grief some humans are pigs! How hard is it with a spade shovel to dig a hole and bury it, not hard at all!

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

In the 70's(yes I'm that old) we used to joke that toilet paper was the Nevada State flower(Big Sagebrush) and bulldozers were the State animal(Desert Bighorn Sheep). My point is this isn't new behavior, just more city folk getting out into the great outdoors...........................sad.

What ever happened to boys being in the Boy Scouts to learn outdoor skills?

Reactions: M Rose

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

How do you know it was human? Did you check it for corn? :laughing:

But seriously. There is nothing quite as disturbing as two things I have encountered. One seems to be everywhere. It's what we call "Shit Blossoms". Wads of white toilet paper all over behind and around sites. If people would take an extra 30 seconds.....we wouldn't have this problem.
The second one is the "Wisconsin Shit Bucket". I had never seen this until coming to the upper midwest. Go to any paddle in dispersed site and you will find 5 gallon buckets strewn all over used for taking dumps. Imagine the surprise to these folks when they discovered one could actually carry or store items in them as well as just using them for disposable tiny outhouses.

I get tired of stabbing at wads of TP with sharp sticks and burying 5 gallon buckets of shit left by idiots.:rage:

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

The "Journey" album covers always had these cool paintings of a beetle with wings flying and in inspirational poses. It's a scarab beetle, people. Egyptian crap eater

Reactions: grubworm

nuclear_runner

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Arlington, VA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Duvall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4DZZ
When I was backcountry camping in Zion, certain areas required using developed sites. Found human shart complete with toilet paper by a tree. Zion specifically tells you to pack it out and even provides bags... some people.

CG87

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Glasgow
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
Yeah, this bugs the shit out of me, no pun intended. I hit Colorado every summer Nevada is a no go temperature wise. Cottonwood lake, near Buena Vista is getting worse every year. Signs all-over stating toilet required, never enforced. Maybe it's like one of those enforced by aircraft things, still don't know if that's a bluff...Anyway, camped up there for a few days last year, came across a small field of human waste and 556 casings, like a whole GD family was there for a week shooting trees. Moved camp up the road a little found more...This was a great place, but I guess that's the norm now. The only thing I come across in Nevada is coyote scat. Colorado is about to be on my not worth it list, along with Utah because of their Razr or ATV laws. Spend half my time pulling over on trails so they can haul ass and burn fuel. Anyway, I do have a good tip...I carry a trasharoo on my spare tire. Without too much detail, I always use thick 50 gal contractor trash bags, line a yeti loadout bucket. Then each day I'm out I drop a 1 quart zip lock bag full of pine pellets in the toilet/trash bag. The pellets turn it all into sawdust and absorb the odors. When I roll out, the bag goes into another trash bag in the trasharoo. Dispose in a dumpster or in the trash pickup at home. I had a portable camco toilet, but man it's a pain to empty and has one use, the yeti loadout bucket has about a dozen uses and fits in the trasharoo...pretty cool. I also haul out my grey water using a collapsible colander on the yeti bucket, dump the strained solids in the trash bag, and dump the grey water in a GSI collapsible 5 gallon jug. Which can be dumped in a vault toilet or house toilet. It's a process but it's the right thing to do.

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Yeah, this bugs the shit out of me, no pun intended. I hit Colorado every summer Nevada is a no go temperature wise. Cottonwood lake, near Buena Vista is getting worse every year. Signs all-over stating toilet required, never enforced. Maybe it's like one of those enforced by aircraft things, still don't know if that's a bluff...Anyway, camped up there for a few days last year, came across a small field of human waste and 556 casings, like a whole GD family was there for a week shooting trees. Moved camp up the road a little found more...This was a great place, but I guess that's the norm now. The only thing I come across in Nevada is coyote scat. Colorado is about to be on my not worth it list, along with Utah because of their Razr or ATV laws. Spend half my time pulling over on trails so they can haul ass and burn fuel. Anyway, I do have a good tip...I carry a trasharoo on my spare tire. Without too much detail, I always use thick 50 gal contractor trash bags, line a yeti loadout bucket. Then each day I'm out I drop a 1 quart zip lock bag full of pine pellets in the toilet/trash bag. The pellets turn it all into sawdust and absorb the odors. When I roll out, the bag goes into another trash bag in the trasharoo. Dispose in a dumpster or in the trash pickup at home. I had a portable camco toilet, but man it's a pain to empty and has one use, the yeti loadout bucket has about a dozen uses and fits in the trasharoo...pretty cool. I also haul out my grey water using a collapsible colander on the yeti bucket, dump the strained solids in the trash bag, and dump the grey water in a GSI collapsible 5 gallon jug. Which can be dumped in a vault toilet or house toilet. It's a process but it's the right thing to do.
I looked at the loadout buckets, never heard of them, wtf makes a bucket lid worth $30?

I used to use a regular 5gal bucket lined with multiple kitchen bags and use kitty litter. I've since made a "groover" as square items pack better in my vehicle. Still with kitchen bags and kitty litter. Haven't used it yet due to covid.

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
I looked at the loadout buckets, never heard of them, wtf makes a bucket lid worth $30?

I used to use a regular 5gal bucket lined with multiple kitchen bags and use kitty litter. I've since made a "groover" as square items pack better in my vehicle. Still with kitchen bags and kitty litter. Haven't used it yet due to covid.
$30? try $129

I'm OK with a luggable loo or a cathole. Charmin blossoms and discarded Kleenex really chap my ass.