tailgunn

Rank 0

Traveler I

Southern Illinois
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Gunn
Hello. I don't usually introduce myself on forums- I just lurk mostly. I live in SoIL, very close to St. Louis, MO. I am originally from North Dakota. I spent many years road racing motorcycles, but it's time for a more sedate hobby. I realized that my kids are spending way too much time on the couch and we need to get out and do something.
I currently have an 02 Yukon XL, which is not really equipped for anything but dropping the kids at school, although it does have a factory LSD- lol. I also have a couple of dirt bikes and a four wheeler.
I like everything with wheels from skateboards to monster trucks. I also have an old pop up camper that is literally my age- we were both made in 1971, although I like to think I am in much better shape. Unlike the camper, I have no mold and I don't need a total rebuild.
Overlanding for me will be a means to do some stuff like mountain biking, canoeing and who knows what. I look forward to getting some great advice from OB.

Reactions: Rubicajon and DanR

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello. I don't usually introduce myself on forums- I just lurk mostly. I live in SoIL, very close to St. Louis, MO. I am originally from North Dakota. I spent many years road racing motorcycles, but it's time for a more sedate hobby. I realized that my kids are spending way too much time on the couch and we need to get out and do something.
I currently have an 02 Yukon XL, which is not really equipped for anything but dropping the kids at school, although it does have a factory LSD- lol. I also have a couple of dirt bikes and a four wheeler.
I like everything with wheels from skateboards to monster trucks. I also have an old pop up camper that is literally my age- we were both made in 1971, although I like to think I am in much better shape. Unlike the camper, I have no mold and I don't need a total rebuild.
Overlanding for me will be a means to do some stuff like mountain biking, canoeing and who knows what. I look forward to getting some great advice from OB.
Hi Tailgunn and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and welcome to OB

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Your all set. We started with a 2wd 05 Yukon, air mattress that filled the rear with the seats folded down a small ice chest and Coleman stove.

Good luck in all your adventures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #