Rank I

Enthusiast I

Englewood, NJ, USA
First Name
Stefan
Last Name
Silva
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6

I needed to carry 10 gallons of water camping with the family this summer and didn't wanna keep it in the car. I had a Wilco Hitchgate Solo, but hated the open space between the tire and the trunk. I decided that was the best place for the cans and since they're not Rotopax, there was no prefabbed stuff. At least not anything that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Anyway aside from the two jerry cans, I bought everything at my local Home Depot. Heres the first run.
tempImagehBzXuF.jpg
tempImagebqllcu.jpg
tempImagehfHCZB.jpg
tempImagetmMd7D.jpg
tempImageOTiTOm.jpg
tempImageKuvAiU.jpg

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I've been thinking about doing something like with to add to my compass. I carry race style cans typically in my TJ so I would have to build mine a little wider, and I was thinking of building my swing carrier myself ( I work as a welder in a wholesale steel warehouse so ... why not? lol). This gives me an idea or 2 lol.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
This is another great example of good DIY work! Thanks for sharing. This is what makes the overlanding scene so interesting, all those detailed solutions where someone builds something exactly the way they need it.