Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
The Bay Area OB members will be meeting up for a trip to the Hollister SVRA. This is the perfect site, as it has something for everyone, basic to advanced. Some are planning to make this a day event and some are planning it as an overnighter! Either way is great! However, if you're planning on an overnighter, please let me know so we can plan accordingly. Stay tuned to OB for last minute details.

View Rally Point
Last edited:

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
The Bay Area OB members will be meeting up for a trip to the Hollister SVRA. This is the perfect site, as it has something for everyone, basic to advanced. Some are planning to make this a day event and some are planning it as an overnighter! Either way is great! However, if you're planning on an overnighter, please let me know so we can plan accordingly. Stay tuned to OB for last minute details.

I'm in and would plan to stay overnight.

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
I'm in and would plan to stay overnight.
Thanks GX! Great to have you on board! Keep an eye on this feed. I'll post more as we get closer.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: GXnGS

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
All. I started a rally point for this event. Let's have all further discussion there. It's easier to keep track of! [emoji57]

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Looking forward to it. Have several that are planning on an overnighter. This should be a great event!

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Just a heads up. I just found out the group campsite is reserved. All other sites are first come-first serve, so we'll have to get there early.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

The cost to camp is $10 per night and it also covers your trail fee’s which are $5 a day. The best place to camp is Sycamore Camp as it is out of the wind and has FREE hot showers. I have organized several group runs out of this CG and there is ample room for a good sized group. Getting there early and staking your spot out with some chairs etc. is always a good idea as it can fill up quickly. The site on the far side of the bathrooms and showers has lots of flat ground for folks with roof top tents or that sleep in their rigs.

Hopefully I can make this as my rig is going to the dealer for some warranty work on Tue the 22nd.

I posted the above info in the Rally Point discussion but for some reason it has been under moderation review for the past 2 days.

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Awesome! Thanks Brian!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: BCBrian

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Meet at the Safeway, 591 Tres Pinos Rd, Hollister at 8am. There is gas there and you can fill up on supplies as needed. The plan is to be in the park by 9 am, so that we can scope out the campsites for those of us staying over night. After that, it's on to the trails! Sounds like we're going to have a great turnout! We'll be on CB channel 4 (for 4WD). Please reply here if your will be coming, so we know to wait for you. This is going to be a blast!

Reactions: BCBrian

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
We are planning to be there too, but just for the day (no camping).

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

its a no go for me...son reminded me senior pictures appointment this Saturday. enjoy all.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I got my X back today, so I am planning on meeting you guys at Sycamore Camp at 9.

For those who have not been to Hollister Hills before, you will need to go to the kiosk at the entrance to the lower ranch and pay your fee's before going back to Cienega Rd and heading S about a mile. The entrance to the upper ranch is at the schoolhouse on the right. They will provide you with the combination to the gate lock... if it is locked, be sure to lock it behind you. Sycamore Camp is straight up the hill from the entrance, just stay to the left and follow the signs up McCray Rd.