Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Hi,
I am looking for help/suggestions. Me and my partner are looking to do a trip in November for 2-3 weeks. I like the look of highway 40 From Crows nest to Hinton. I have some questions below.

1. Is the road/area ok for driving in November with a standard 4runner? I have AT tyres, a means to air up/down, Maxtrax, Rear locker. No lift and no winch. Would be travelling alone.
2. Is 2-3 weeks too long on the FSR? I might throw in Icefields Parkway as a loop to make the trip longer. We would also look at the Kootenays if the weather/road conditions were good.
3. What will the temperatures be like? I am considering a diesel Planer heater and taking a propane firepit along.
4. What are the highlights for easy/moderate trails and campsites in the areas? I am going to try a few nights at Abraham Lake. Not sure about the rest.
5. Any suggestions for routes or campsites around the area of Calgary that are good for November would be great.
6. I read that you need a permit for crownland camping now. Would we need one in November?

Thank you in advance

Wayne