Contributor I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF4YTR
Hello all, I found this place looking for info on lifting/overlanding a Nissan Juke, of all things.

My actual "offroad" (camping, hunting) vehicle is a mostly stock 1988 Ford Bronco II that has passed back and forth between my dad and myself over the past 20 years, and after he died in 2016 my mom let me have it for good. I'll eventually get around to building it into a proper overlanding rig, but for now I'm more focused on my 2016 Juke SV AWD. I've seen videos and posts of it set up for mild offroading/rally/overlanding, and I'm interested in making it more capable than it is right now. It's a great on-road vehicle especially in bad weather, it has two driver-selectable AWD modes as well as 2WD, and overall it's just great looking (in my opinion, I know it has haters).

Anyway, I hope I can both contribute to and learn from this community. Thanks!

Morgan

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Morgan, welcome to the OB family.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the OB family. We are glad to have you join us.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, I found this place looking for info on lifting/overlanding a Nissan Juke, of all things.

My actual "offroad" (camping, hunting) vehicle is a mostly stock 1988 Ford Bronco II that has passed back and forth between my dad and myself over the past 20 years, and after he died in 2016 my mom let me have it for good. I'll eventually get around to building it into a proper overlanding rig, but for now I'm more focused on my 2016 Juke SV AWD. I've seen videos and posts of it set up for mild offroading/rally/overlanding, and I'm interested in making it more capable than it is right now. It's a great on-road vehicle especially in bad weather, it has two driver-selectable AWD modes as well as 2WD, and overall it's just great looking (in my opinion, I know it has haters).

Morgan
Welcome To Overland Bound Morgan
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

PreparedOverlander

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Powder Springs, GA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Morgan
Welcome Morgan, I live in west Cobb County. I am new to Overlanding also. I am building a 05 Grand Cherokee for my overlander, but parts are hard to come by these days. I look forward to possibly seeing you on some trails.

Scott

Kaidenshi

Rank 0

Contributor I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF4YTR
Welcome Morgan, I live in west Cobb County. I am new to Overlanding also. I am building a 05 Grand Cherokee for my overlander, but parts are hard to come by these days. I look forward to possibly seeing you on some trails.

Scott
Hi Scott! Sounds like we are neighbors, I'm very close to the West Cobb area.

I've had a 1996 Grand Cherokee before, a Laredo with the full time 4WD system. It was a great truck apart from the crankshaft sensor that constantly broke, it was the only reason I got rid of it.

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413

Morgan
Welcome to the OB Community! We are glad to have you!