Stephen
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VYV
Service Branch
Air Force / Army
Title says it all. We are trying ot help finalize our trip routes and need help with planning I have us coming down the coast from Oregon into Eurgene. As we took the Steward Cassiar down from Alaska into Washington and wife wanted to follow the coast for a bit. Any help would be appreciated

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
There isn’t very much dispersed camping along 101 in Washington and Oregon. I can’t speak of NoCal because I have only gone as far as a Crescent City/Eurika.

You also realize that Eugene is about an hour away from the coast right?

Gladiator Overland

Rank IV

Explorer I

Cherry Log, Fannin County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VYV
Service Branch
Air Force / Army
There isn’t very much dispersed camping along 101 in Washington and Oregon. I can’t speak of NoCal because I have only gone as far as a Crescent City/Eurika.

You also realize that Eugene is about an hour away from the coast right?

I dont think I explained this well enough. Here is what I have set out so far on Gaia. The area from Eugene to Mexicalli is where I needed help to ensure that I am doing things right. I planned the route by staying as close to the PCT as possible driving down. Figured there would be more camping opportunities there. As well as staying off as many paved roads as possible.

Attachments

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Unless you have reason to go to Eugene, I'd stay along the coast and turn left after Big Sur. Lots of State and National parks, great views. You could turn left at Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd, camp along the old coast Rd if N-F is open.