Hello from Yukon Oklahoma

• HTML tutorial

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

hello - what is your current set up like ?
2016 XLT 3.5 EcoBoost

I have Fox 2.5 coilovers with DSC adjustment up front and fox 2.0 out back.
RCI skid plates were ordered a week and a half ago still waiting for shipment
33 inch Falken Wildpeaks
SCT tuner with 5star tune
LED bulbs in high low and fogs and a raptor front grill.

Pretty simple so far, I'm an on ground tent kind of guy had no desire to mount anything up high. Not sure whats next. Have had the truck for a year and a half and only recently started to modify it.

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Hello Jason and welcome to the OB crew....looking forward to seeing your build and your adventures.
2016 XLT 3.5 EcoBoost

I have Fox 2.5 coilovers with DSC adjustment up front and fox 2.0 out back.
RCI skid plates were ordered a week and a half ago still waiting for shipment
33 inch Falken Wildpeaks
SCT tuner with 5star tune
LED bulbs in high low and fogs and a raptor front grill.

Pretty simple so far, I'm an on ground tent kind of guy had no desire to mount anything up high. Not sure whats next. Have had the truck for a year and a half and only recently started to modify it.
I am in the process of teaching my wife to fly fish - I think I finally have a camping partner but she wants an RTT and I don't mind - have been caught in many windy rain storms and flooded tents. I like the idea being above it all.

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Hey that sounds great, my wife tolerates camping but isn't really into fishing which is fine by me. I have 2 little kids and carrying a 2 year old up and down for bathrooms didnt sound fun to me. Perhaps someday when I end up on soaking ground I will change my tune.

I spent all day fly fishing yesterday and got postal confirmation that my custom rod arrives tomorrow so I'm pretty excited.

What's your truck setup look like ?

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Hey that sounds great, my wife tolerates camping but isn't really into fishing which is fine by me. I have 2 little kids and carrying a 2 year old up and down for bathrooms didnt sound fun to me. Perhaps someday when I end up on soaking ground I will change my tune.

I spent all day fly fishing yesterday and got postal confirmation that my custom rod arrives tomorrow so I'm pretty excited.

What's your truck setup look like ?
Very little to report here - leveled it and some A/T tires on it... Thule Xsporter rack - A frontrunner slim line on the way. Going to build up from there. The Xsporter has T slots on its underside. I want to put rod tubes and a fly vault on the under side and the tent above it all

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

I would love some fly rod tubes as much fun as it is breaking them down and putting them back together every time is... maybe someday haha.

Which engine is in your F150?

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

It’s the ecoboost. 1rst gen. Just replaced a dang turbo. It’s hell trying to get a winch on the front with the inter cooler in the way. Really thinking of selling it when the new ranger comes out.

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

If the new ranger raptor comes out to be a thing that would be sweet. I have 2 little kids and love the back seat space so would be hard to give that up. A front mount intercooler is on my Christmas list just for that reason. Plus after going on the dyno it was fairly obvious that it would benefit from an upgrade.

Reactions: Chadlyb

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

New member starting a new build on 2011 F150.
Loving all the information here!

Welcome, Not to far from you. once i get my new work schedule all planned out me and a few friends will be planning a little trip up around that way. been doing a bit of map reading. Do you happen to have any good info for some good trails. I have been looking at the Oklahoma Adventure Trail (OAT) and possibly going up to run the K-Trail.

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Welcome, Not to far from you. once i get my new work schedule all planned out me and a few friends will be planning a little trip up around that way. been doing a bit of map reading. Do you happen to have any good info for some good trails. I have been looking at the Oklahoma Adventure Trail (OAT) and possibly going up to run the K-Trail.
Well. To tell you the truth I just learned of the O A T myself. Right here on this site.
I like to fly fish and camp. I saw some of these RTT Rigs on a recent trip to Big Sky MT and Jackson Hole WY..... Until I found this site. I only did sxs/4wheeler trails .

Reactions: KDC

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Well. To tell you the truth I just learned of the O A T myself. Right here on this site.
I like to fly fish and camp. I saw some of these RTT Rigs on a recent trip to Big Sky MT and Jackson Hole WY..... Until I found this site. I only did sxs/4wheeler trails .
Yea I hear ya. it seems the trails and places on the west of Oklahoma are few and far between. Once I get some time I will be finishing up a couple maps and ill be sure to post them if they turn out to be good trips.

Jason Jackson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Reno, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Yea I hear ya. it seems the trails and places on the west of Oklahoma are few and far between. Once I get some time I will be finishing up a couple maps and ill be sure to post them if they turn out to be good trips.
sounds great - look forward to seeing what you come up with