Gage
Last Name
Coduto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KQ4HNV
Service Branch
USMC
I found this site while looking for overland style ideas for my 1985 Chevy Suburban, and so far I am impressed.
The vehicle is an '85 K20 diesel Suburban that I plan on making as reliable as possible so that the family can go out in the desert a little while we are here and have fun. I am not into rock crawling or mud bogging but I do enjoy getting off of the road from time to time.

As for experience, most of my desert time comes from Iraq and Afghanistan so I firmly believe in having quality recovery gear, extra water and tires, and a dust snorkel with frequent air filter cleanings.

Have a great day
Gage

ZetRocks

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Kingwood
First Name
Shannon Keith
Last Name
Cortez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K15AQN
I found this site while looking for overland style ideas for my 1985 Chevy Suburban, and so far I am impressed.
The vehicle is an '85 K20 diesel Suburban that I plan on making as reliable as possible so that the family can go out in the desert a little while we are here and have fun. I am not into rock crawling or mud bogging but I do enjoy getting off of the road from time to time.

As for experience, most of my desert time comes from Iraq and Afghanistan so I firmly believe in having quality recovery gear, extra water and tires, and a dust snorkel with frequent air filter cleanings.

Have a great day
Gage
Good to meet you! I was stationed in 29Palms 97-01 2/7Fox. At the time I had a Geo Tracker with front locking hubs that I'd use to travel the mountain trails along Joshua Tree. South of the base and east down 62 to Wiltshire Ave there existed an off-road trail on the south end of Wiltshire. It would lead to public land outside and eventually inside park boundaries. Went through some pretty neat single lane cliff and wash areas. Not much technical driving but fun none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk