Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI5FK
Service Branch
Army retired
Hey everyone I just noticed I never posted here. I'm pretty new to overlanding so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas and shamelessly stealing the ones I like. I live in Justin TX but there's not much around here. My parents are moving to Santa Fe so I'm looking forward to combining a trip out there with a visit to them.
I'm in a 2015 xterra pro-4x

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hey everyone I just noticed I never posted here. I'm pretty new to overlanding so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas and shamelessly stealing the ones I like. I live in Justin TX but there's not much around here. My parents are moving to Santa Fe so I'm looking forward to combining a trip out there with a visit to them.
I'm in a 2015 xterra pro-4x
Welcome Andrew. Thank you for your service

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Andrew (@Ahoward2k ), welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for your service. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Your area is pretty close to some easy overlanding options. Ouachita National Forest is just to your east and provides some good camping and forest roads to explore.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.