First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Nice!

We've got a good group going on the Front Range. I'll send them by to say hello. I'm not far in Pueblo West.

Are there any particular places you might like to see a group run to?

Reactions: Camel51

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey everyone. I've had an account for awhile but haven't been active. I'm in Colorado Springs, CO and looking for people to adventure with. I've got a Tacoma that can take a decent beating and a Defender that I'm turning into an international tourer.
Welcome Matt!! That Defender is simply awesome.

nyork

Rank I

Contributor I

Carbondale, CO, USA
First Name
Natalie
Last Name
York
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ginga Ninja
Hey everyone. I've had an account for awhile but haven't been active. I'm in Colorado Springs, CO and looking for people to adventure with. I've got a Tacoma that can take a decent beating and a Defender that I'm turning into an international tourer.
Super cool defender!

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Hello Matt and welcome to the group. We have mix of vehicles but the Defender will class up the joint!

Camel51

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Voigt
Welcome Matt!! That Defender is simply awesome.
Thank you!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Camel51

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Voigt
Hello Matt and welcome to the group. We have mix of vehicles but the Defender will class up the joint!
Thank you! I'm interested to see everyone's vehicles. A local club I've gone out with a few times is basically all Jeeps. It'll be fun to see more variety

Camel51

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Voigt
Nice!

We've got a good group going on the Front Range. I'll send them by to say hello. I'm not far in Pueblo West.

Are there any particular places you might like to see a group run to?
That's nice to hear. Thanks. The Gulches are always beautiful. Flake Road and Mini Moab has been on my mind for awhile. Looks really fun and different from the norm here. Not far either. Have you all gone out on it before?

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Welcome, there are some pretty cool areas to meet-up with some of the group just west of the Springs, I'm down that way all the time to off-road, bike and camp. Might be great to have a overnight meet-up down your way? Mid May anyone?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Welcome, there are some pretty cool areas to meet-up with some of the group just west of the Springs, I'm down that way all the time to off-road, bike and camp. Might be great to have a overnight meet-up down your way? Mid May anyone?
There's a Moab trip in the works for mid-may in case you hadn't heard..

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

That's nice to hear. Thanks. The Gulches are always beautiful. Flake Road and Mini Moab has been on my mind for awhile. Looks really fun and different from the norm here. Not far either. Have you all gone out on it before?
Unfortunately you take your chances running the Gulches. They are technically closed to off road vehicles, until further notice. There is a group (environmentalist-hikers) that has petitioned and have influence in those forest areas. They are fighting it out through the courts. But until further notice I will just go else where.
In fact we ran part of little Moab last Saturday. Was really nice with just the right conditions for a lot of fun.

Last edited:

mcdefries

Rank II

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
DeFries
Member #

Hi Matt, I’m in Thornton. But always ready for an adventure! Welcome! Your defender is sick! What international trips are you planning?
I’m starting to rock climb as well. Those place sound soooo amazing! What an amazing experience that will be!

Hey! Maybe sometime we can meetup. The soonest trip, hopefully next year will be to South Africa, Botswana, and some world famous rock climbing locations in those areas!

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Unfortunately you take your chances running the Gulches. They are technically closed to off road vehicles, until further notice. There is a group (environmentalist-hikers) that has petitioned and have influence in those forest areas. They are fighting it out through the courts. But until further notice I will just go else where.
In fact we ran part of little Moab last Saturday. Was really nice with just the right conditions for a lot of fun.
Are you referring to Hackett, Metberry, and Longwater Gulches? I hope not!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Are you referring to Hackett, Metberry, and Longwater Gulches? I hope not!