Headed to Alaska

• HTML tutorial

John Tasco

Rank I

Contributor III

Niceville, FL, USA
Member #

Preparing for a four month trip from Florida to Alaska. Did the trip with a Jeep Grand Cherokee pulling a nucamp t@b 400 BDL in 2019 and we were so unprepared and packed way too much gear. Got quite a bit of experience now, upgraded to a Ford F-150 5.0, same t@b 400, and want to have more fun with less worry about stuff. Started putting together a gear list so welcome thoughts and suggestions,. Plan to Boon Dock camp and camp at designated camp grounds. Our t@b 400 while small, is comfortable for two plus a large dog. Everything inside runs off propane or solar when we are without 110 except the a/c. Did purchase during a massive sell a EcoFlow Delta Pro that can power the t@b especially the a/c if needed. Do all our cooking on a Coleman propane stove outside. We’ve added a Garmin InReach Montana 1700, plus two FM radios (Midland) for emergencies. One is hand held and the other vehicle mounted. Bear spray and two fire extinguishers. Carrying a tire inflator, full size spare, and various tools and fuses for most emergencies. 1 ton bottle neck jack plus a Dewalt Impact wrench to remove lug nuts. We’ve upgraded the spare on the t@b 400 to full size as well. I guess the areas we are not sure about his medical (first aid), basic recovery items (not sure sand channels would be worth it), outdoor lights (everything we currently have is rechargeable via power bank or solar), water filters, (we have one installed in the t@b and plan to carry a BeFree for personal use) and the t@b can hold 15 gallons of fresh water. Fuel is a big question - I’m thinking I may carry two military fuel cans and fill them once we reach the Yukon. Use the fuel in them every fourth fill up and refill them. Have some concerns with the availability of fuel once we leave Alaska mid Sept. If I’ve listed something that isn’t needed please tell me. Always welcome suggestions on what we should have. Oh, forgot to add we will have a full size shovel and axe.