Has anybody done a trip with legends overlanding? In Baja?

• HTML tutorial

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
I know there’s gonna be plenty of you don’t need to pay for your guides, in all
the years of travel we never have, but this specific trip we are looking to join an outfit where the food is prepared and a lot of the destinations are pre-planned. It’s going to be for a birthday run and we just want to take all the responsibilities and put them into the hands of the guide company. With that said, I was hoping to see if anybody had done a trip with legends overland and if so how they liked it or if anybody has a different recommendation. I appreciate any feedback and hope you all have a fantastic week. 

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Are you looking for a trip that provides the rigs too? I spend a bunch of time in Baja and know many of the guided trips operators.
Kirt La Duke runs great trips (Baja Legends). I have not been with him but I friends that have done a couple of trips with him, last one was to see Grey Whales in March. They had a killer time and hit the high spots and plenty of dirt roads.

Camron Steel runs trips via HD Baja Designs or Desert Assassins, is where you find him. His customers seem be having a good time when I meet them.

Wide Open Baja runs an off road driving school, like a fantasy camp. I have a friend that did a 3 day thing with them had a great time.

Go Baja adventures does a ATV tour with Bikes. I have only seen them go by.

Baja Magismx is starting a concierge business out of Guerrero Negro, no idea if it would sure your needs, plenty of off-roading and cool places around there.

That's right off the top of my head. I hope this helps, I travel solo in Baja, and dislike groups so I am giving only second hand information. GO! You'll have a great trip, when you want to go solo hit me up, I'll give you some places. Baja is getting smaller, less remote and the consequences of screwing up are becoming less. The best time to see it now.

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Are you looking for a trip that provides the rigs too? I spend a bunch of time in Baja and know many of the guided trips operators.
Kirt La Duke runs great trips (Baja Legends). I have not been with him but I friends that have done a couple of trips with him, last one was to see Grey Whales in March. They had a killer time and hit the high spots and plenty of dirt roads.

Camron Steel runs trips via HD Baja Designs or Desert Assassins, is where you find him. His customers seem be having a good time when I meet them.

Wide Open Baja runs an off road driving school, like a fantasy camp. I have a friend that did a 3 day thing with them had a great time.

Go Baja adventures does a ATV tour with Bikes. I have only seen them go by.

Baja Magismx is starting a concierge business out of Guerrero Negro, no idea if it would sure your needs, plenty of off-roading and cool places around there.

That's right off the top of my head. I hope this helps, I travel solo in Baja, and dislike groups so I am giving only second hand information. GO! You'll have a great trip, when you want to go solo hit me up, I'll give you some places. Baja is getting smaller, less remote and the consequences of screwing up are becoming less. The best time to see it now.
Ring our own rig, and wow that’s so much info to now research into! I do plan on doing a solo/few rigs trip at some point that is not guided. This one in particular though will be for the added ease and experience. I’ll definitely look into those other companies. Yeah Baja looks amazing. I have never been so I’m super excited to get a chance to get out there before it gets smaller and more regulated. Thanks again for the info!!

Reactions: DocAldo

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

The friends that go with La Duke are long time Baja goers. Her grandparents were driving to the east cape in the 60's. They love La Duke trips and you are rolling with a guy that the Baja 1000 paid tribute too. I think Malcolm Smith runs tours also, another legend.

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch