Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Well, WaterPort Weekend 8 Gallon tank showed up. It is a beast, much more solid than the 3.8 Gallon Daytank looks and feels solid. Unfortunately, mounting brackets it comes with don‘t line up on my Yakima LockNLoad roof platform so having to modify it with some flat bar stock. However, I’ve added the Baja Design lights and started wiring and figuring out how to best run wires. Here is a quick picture of progress.
That looks awesome. I’m curious, do the traction boards mount on top of the RotoPax? I’ve been looking for a place to put a couple and hadn’t considered under traction boards.

Reactions: MiamiC70

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Just last week I installed this long rifle case that I picked up during Black Friday at Harbor Freight - 9800 Weatherproof Protective Rifle Case, Long, Black (harborfreight.com)

I drilled holes at each corner, then dropped 3" carriage bolts through, then used a Yakima accessory lock to lock it to my Yakima cross bars. The case has two holds, which you put your own padlocks on. Inside the case I put my recovery tracks and will be putting other recovery ropes, etc, in it.

View attachment 179700

View attachment 179701
I'll be heading to Harbor Freight after work today to pick up the same case to put my traction boards and other recovery gear in.