World Traveler I

Santa Clara, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Hey OB,

I am going back and forth on wether or not to go with a seat delete for my 2018 Tacoma. Just want to see who has it and loves it or who had it and didn’t like it.

The reason why I am looking to go that route is for more storage and a better platform for my crazy ass dog to lay on for long trips.

Any advice is welcome.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

my buddy has a crazy nice rear seat delete in his dual cab taco. I asked him to post up details.

I love having a custom cabinet setup where my rear seats are. My setup is not super relevant to a taco owner since its a Land Rover, but this kind of mod opens up a lot of possibilities.

Reyma

Rank II

Advocate I

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Reynolds
I first did a partial seat delete (3/4) so I could still have a jump seat in the rear for emergencies. Then I went full seat delete for this season, in anticipation of having two dogs in the back instead of one.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1289.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_129b.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_195c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1963.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1962.jpg

Reactions: Mike W

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Reactions: Reyma

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
i started simply with the 2/3 seat removed. The hound had a bed on the floor. Then I decided to take the jumpseat out having never used it. That became a fridge platform. I finally decided to bring it all the way across to capture the space below for my table, tent, shovel, etc.

9CAB73C3-006A-451F-A2C1-63F9A7D05B76.jpeg2AAF363E-6CD3-4DBE-8CC0-9D00C038C26B.jpegC2868A40-4FB9-4A1D-8B31-8E44993639EC.jpeg