Going to find dirt 4/2/21Portland come join me

• HTML tutorial
U

UgotWheelz

I spent two hours trying to get the OB1 send messages to near by members function to work and gave up! So I am leaving SE PDXnow heading toward the coast perhaps California Barrel OHV trail might be an option to find dirt for a shakedown of the BroncoSport. If your out playing on hywy 30 or near the coast and want to tag along or show me some good places hit me up I am heading out now.

Reactions: AntWookie
U

UgotWheelz

#brownscampohv BroncoSport found allot of gravel and some dirt. Watched a guy in a lifted jeep playing in a mud puddle on back side of fire brake 1 so I went around the long way exploring through Rogers Camp parking lot and drove up the hard side of the fire trail out of the parking lot. Climbed in drive everything set to normal no goat modes BroncoSport just bounced and clawed it's way right up through all the deep muddy moguls. It looks very steep but was no issue I don't even think it was engaging the rear axle. Jeep guy stopped me said you took that up where!@#$%
42E64CDB-D535-4CD6-B139-967D9D0D8392.jpeg1A2F6B89-6635-478F-B60F-A6DFE15A3CB7.jpeg788BA704-E870-47E0-8D4C-4DF4EFFA63B7.jpeg6165127B-DAEC-4508-B275-010F17F7290E.jpegCFAB78C7-DE52-42D1-BB3B-429422F8CDBC.jpeg025F345E-977D-4F74-B86F-667EC21E7CE8.jpeg

Reactions: AntWookie
U

UgotWheelz

Great I don't think it ever engaged AWD mode. Wheels are Black Rhino with Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires bought with Ford accessory credit from 4WheelParts.

U

UgotWheelz

So Far; I have no complaints with the capability of the BroncoSport. I just don't like the auto trani and the way the computer decides when you get to accelerate. When I need instant acceleration due to a hazard or just get out of some idiots way it will sit there and rev to 3000 rpm before it decides to move this is usually in city traffic driving. I alos dont understand the super low towinhg capacity when other vehicles of the same platform and drivetrain have much more capacity. But the BS does seem to be capable enough for my needs so far as a solo overlander without any changes other than tires.

I don't think it is as capable as some of my old school classic hot hatches and imports have been off road they had much more wheel travel.

For me anything with a computer controlled auto transmission is just not fun or engaging to drive. My Suzuki was exactly the same and so was the old 2WD Ford F250 I use to borrow from a family member when my car was broke down.