First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Good morning all,

I am new to the GMRS scene and finished installing a mobile radio in my truck. I was wondering if anyone in the Colorado Springs/Denver area had any good channels to chat on? I was also wondering if there was any specific channel for recovery/off-road rescue?

Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Semper Fidelis,
Dan Wright

Reactions: NCFireGuy

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

channels 1-7 are 5 watt channels, 8-14 are .5 watt, and 15+ are 50 watt channels and repeater outputs.
Your mobile probably doesn't do 8-14 and I would imagine you would want to use the 15+ channels as not to limit your power output.

Reactions: Downs

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Also, for future radio questions you might consider posting in our communication section. You should get more responses there.

Reactions: Downs

Mid State Overland

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Little Falls, Minnesota
First Name
David
Last Name
Finch
Good morning all,

I am new to the GMRS scene and finished installing a mobile radio in my truck. I was wondering if anyone in the Colorado Springs/Denver area had any good channels to chat on? I was also wondering if there was any specific channel for recovery/off-road rescue?

Semper Fidelis,
Dan Wright
A little off subject but if you ever make it to Minnesota the Minnesota Overlanders Group have adopted CH16 as their main one, we do change from that when on club and group runs.

MrWright

Rank VI

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Good morning all,

Semper Fidelis,
Dan Wright
A little off subject but if you ever make it to Minnesota the Minnesota Overlanders Group have adopted CH16 as their main one, we do change from that when on club and group runs.
Thanks MSO!