Launch Member

Steward I

Kingwood, Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

almost compete. It's taken almost 2 years but I'm nearly there. 2.5in clayton lift with 35in tires. I went with a RL designs topper from s Africa took nearly 6 months to get it in. 270 awning and a 23zero walkabout tent (I pick it up in a few weeks) Full power system with 1000w inverter and 100w solar.

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Great rig! Does the Gladiator have the same engine in US as in Europe, i.e. the V6 3.0 diesel?

williej346

Rank III
Launch Member

Steward I

First Name
Will
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Great rig! Does the Gladiator have the same engine in US as in Europe, i.e. the V6 3.0 diesel?
this is a 2020 it's a 3.6 gas. Diesel wasn't available till the 2021. I don't know if I would have went Diesel though. Just on price alone it's not a money saver. But for range and power it's definitely a better engine. Will it last? who knows the eco Diesel has had a ton of issues in the past.

Reactions: El-Dracho

williej346

Rank III
Launch Member

Steward I

First Name
Will
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

it's a good look and more versatile. Yours an rsi? I like those classic kcs
No it's an ARE that is all that was available at the time, and honestly not disappointed.
I decided to go with the RLD for the weight capacity. I could have done without the price. Are prob makes one of the best fiberglass toppers.

Reactions: bgenlvtex

williej346

Rank III
Launch Member

Steward I

First Name
Will
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I decided to go with the RLD for the weight capacity. I could have done without the price. Are prob makes one of the best fiberglass toppers.
Here is my rear deck and auxiliary fuel tank. Adding a shell to the back of a Gladiator makes it come alive
that is nice never thought to do that.

Reactions: bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

did you build it or buy it. thats really a good design. drawers are nice but if you need they space they suck.
I built it out of 80/20 and 12mm Baltic Birch along with some other aluminum extrusion and misc bits. I agree entirely drawers are very nice, but a box in a box is a very inefficient use of (very limited) real estate. I was looking to gain area, not lose it. Weight also comes into play and drawers don't lend themselves well to switching between vehicles if you have more than one.

Attachments