Georgia (Mainly North GA and Nearby) : Events, Rides, Reports, Discussion, Help, Inspiration

• HTML tutorial

Honu

Rank IV

Traveler III

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Bernau
Member #

Started this thread to find more like minded peeps to discuss our hobby, share ideas, inspire each other, help each other, share Adventures, and possibly get together.

I won't lie that setting up "outings" scares the "BeeGeeZus" out of me because the last time I tried to find a couple peeps to ride with, 45+ rigs showed up which made for a challenging and truthfully not so fun time in the woods hahaha!

Anyway, maybe now that the OB community is growing and this app has been up and running for a bit we can get this North GA OB Community moving.
We've had some luck in other groups posting the general event with region but without location details and having a rider cap / wait list. In the vein of tread lightly, the details were sent by PM to the confirmed driver list the week prior to manage group size.

Reactions: Vman1313 Adventures

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Started this thread to find more like minded peeps to discuss our hobby, share ideas, inspire each other, help each other, share Adventures, and possibly get together.

I won't lie that setting up "outings" scares the "BeeGeeZus" out of me because the last time I tried to find a couple peeps to ride with, 45+ rigs showed up which made for a challenging and truthfully not so fun time in the woods hahaha!

Anyway, maybe now that the OB community is growing and this app has been up and running for a bit we can get this North GA OB Community moving.
We've had some luck in other groups posting the general event with region but without location details and having a rider cap / wait list. In the vein of tread lightly, the details were sent by PM to the confirmed driver list the week prior to manage group size.
Good Info! Definitely learned from my mistake and have jotted ideas for next time. You have some good ones here to add.

Reactions: Honu

kvalentine0908

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Valentine
Member #

Hi, My name is Ken. I'm still pretty new to overland adventure travel and have been enjoying the process of learning. I live out in Bremen, GA. Currently running a 2019 Powerwagon with a pretty simple setup. I would like to learn more about what my resident region has to offer as I've done most of my Overlanding adventures further west. It's exciting to see there is a community of like minds so close. I've been a member for some time but haven't truly taken advantage of all its features. I hope to learn more from everyone on here as my family and I continue our adventures!

PXL_20220830_011340801.jpg

Reactions: Honu

Honu

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Gary
Last Name
Bernau
Member #

Hi, My name is Ken. I'm still pretty new to overland adventure travel and have been enjoying the process of learning. I live out in Bremen, GA. Currently running a 2019 Powerwagon with a pretty simple setup. I would like to learn more about what my resident region has to offer as I've done most of my Overlanding adventures further west. It's exciting to see there is a community of like minds so close. I've been a member for some time but haven't truly taken advantage of all its features. I hope to learn more from everyone on here as my family and I continue our adventures!

View attachment 246387
Nice truck! If you are out in Bremen you've got some nice spots in your backyard over in Talladega.

kvalentine0908

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Valentine
Member #

Nice truck! If you are out in Bremen you've got some nice spots in your backyard over in Talladega.
Thanks! Yeah, I moved out to Bremen just over a year ago. I've gone out to Talladega not so long ago and enjoyed it. I'll be exploring that area a lot more. If you know of any key areas worth hitting out there, let me know.

Honu

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Gary
Last Name
Bernau
Member #

Thanks! Yeah, I moved out to Bremen just over a year ago. I've gone out to Talladega not so long ago and enjoyed it. I'll be exploring that area a lot more. If you know of any key areas worth hitting out there, let me know.
We just did our first trip out there this week and checked out the Pine Glen campground, so we plan on doing more exploring as well.

PlaynDanger

Rank I

Contributor III

St. Petersburg, FL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Overland
Member #

I've been in Georgia for about 35 years and I'm pretty sure that's not Ellijay...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Ha....Nope, that's Valley of the Gods, Utah. We did a month-long trip this year, Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. Two years ago, we did The Enchanted Rockies trail developed by Lifestyle Overland. 2023 is going to be the year we do a BDR, thinking the Colorado BDR, 682 miles.

WarMachine0351

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Evan
Last Name
Summers
Member #

Service Branch
Crayons
Ya it’s been a minute since I’ve been out on the tracks. I got two little ones at home so if I get out these days it’s only for a day.

I’m really looking to get out there soon and camp, but not with 45+ people .

Does anyone know a place in the area where I can have someone build me a custom rear bump with a swing out that won’t break the bank?

Attachments

ZJ Fred 1986

Rank II

Contributor III

Kingsland, GA, USA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Hi all...my name is Fred just starting out... Interested in overlanding for about four years. Finally made the leap and bought a bone stock fully complete 1994 Jeep ZJ with the 4.0L. I am currently on phase one whichis getting everything sorted out mechanically and looking forward to phase two which is 3.5" lift with 31" tires. Anyways I wanted to reach out and say Hi I'm looking forward to the community aspect of this just as much as the adventure and vehicle side. I am Hoping to attend an expo soon and my First adventure is going to be the Georgia adventure Trail.

Attachments

Reactions: bcmedicxj