Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
All the 154 National Forest have slightly different Covid -19 closures/restrictions, a quick sampling across the county shows that most forest have closed designated camping and parking areas until April 30, 2020. Some have extended that closure until September 30, 2020.

If you plan on going to a specific forest this summer please check the individual forest orders for current restrictions.

1585842694991.png

FastLayne

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange, California, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Layne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IQS
All the 154 National Forest have slightly different Covid -19 closures/restrictions, a quick sampling across the county shows that most forest have closed designated camping and parking areas until April 30, 2020. Some have extended that closure until September 30, 2020.

If you plan on going to a specific forest this summer please check the individual forest orders for current restrictions.
I wouldn’t trust this site, not sure how often they are updating it. We decided to head up to the Big Bear area on Monday to do some camping and I did my research first. This website shows that all yellow post sites are open, but when we got there there were signs at the sites stating that the sites were closed - do not enter. Luckily we had a plan B ready.

E83E8428-05B9-461A-B6B6-FA35B6456EF0.png

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I wouldn’t trust this site, not sure how often they are updating it. We decided to head up to the Big Bear area on Monday to do some camping and I did my research first. This website shows that all yellow post sites are open, but when we got there there were signs at the sites stating that the sites were closed - do not enter. Luckily we had a plan B ready.

View attachment 153769
Call in advanced to any CG you want to go... most are closed

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 153769
The site gets you to a specific forest then you need to read the Forest Orders under Alerts and Warnings to see what the regulations are. The camp site matrix is not what wer are talking about, the forests currently do not have the staff to update these.