El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
So most have seen Michael’s YouTube review of the T3 so I bought one.

I roll a 2 door Jeep JK so very little room. I just got back from a week on the Camino del Diablo and used it every night with my little buddy Blanco.

So the set up is quick and easy. We had some gnarly winds and I had staked us down and we survived intact. Lots of room and plenty of pockets.

The first time I took it out was out at Big Bend and we used a queen air mattress in it for my wife and I. Worked great.

The last trip I took an army cot and it fits just great. Little difficult sharing with the dog but that’s my burden.

If you are even thinking about one of these, I can highly recommend it.Gazelle T3.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Quick recap, the army cot I am using is missing some of the feet protectors so I am using tennis balls as to not cut the floor. Seems to work pretty good.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I have the previous T3 and love it, so simple to setup and take down and the bag has spare room, you don't have struggle to get the folded up tent in the bag like you do with traditional tents!

ROUGEONE

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Winchester, Indiana, United States
First Name
Bryon
Last Name
thomas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
I also have a 2 door, with the diabolical inclosure, and am trying to find pack options for this tent. I see it is 60" packed. Will this tent fit behind the seats?

CG87

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Glasgow
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
I have the T4 gazelle tent and the 5 sided gazelle gazebo and a 2 door jeep. Before I got my roof rack I was able to fit it from tailgate to the inside shoulder of the passenger seat. Strap it to the rollbar. But only my dog Hodor rides with me he doesn't mind it, but a human passenger might feel a little tight. The roof rack is almost a must with a 2dr Jeep. I also have the interior rack which provides good secure points. I love the gazelle products. They are well made and durable, I've never been a roof tent person, I camp and go out and play, then come back. I think repacking everyday would be a hassle, just to go into town for milk. I was at Ken's Lake in Moab, and these overlanders came in with roof tents, I watched them set and break camp everyday for a week. I get off the trail the only thing I want is a cold beer not to set up camp again. Plus, if I want to take my doors off, I put them in the gazebo with a cable lock. I can't say enough about the gazelle line of tents.

Attachments

CG87

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Glasgow
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
Oh, also when it's cold out, the gazelle tents and gazebos have awesome ventilation. The little buddy heater works like a charm no condensation, as the roof is mesh etc. and plenty of windows.

Attachments

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I am intrigued by the Gazelle tents but have not pulled the trigger as they seem to be (from the pictures) designed for fair weather i.e. small rain fly, hight sides etc. How do these perform when the wind starts howling and the thunderstorms come rolling through? I currently use a Marmot 4 person (have just not downsized since the kids have moved on) and we have seen some pretty nasty rain-so far that thing has been bone dry, even when seeming to be floating on water...

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I have the previous T3 and love it, so simple to setup and take down and the bag has spare room, you don't have struggle to get the folded up tent in the bag like you do with traditional tents!
Don't fold up your tents, stuff them. Its a stuff sack not a fold sack. Just take one corner of the tent and start stuffing it in it's bag till you're done. You'll find it a lot easier and faster.

I am intrigued by the Gazelle tents but have not pulled the trigger as they seem to be (from the pictures) designed for fair weather i.e. small rain fly, hight sides etc. How do these perform when the wind starts howling and the thunderstorms come rolling through? I currently use a Marmot 4 person (have just not downsized since the kids have moved on) and we have seen some pretty nasty rain-so far that thing has been bone dry, even when seeming to be floating on water...
You HAVE to stake the side hubs out or they will collapse in on even moderate winds. I haven't had any rain intrusion issues yet but haven't camped in any nasty storms yet just some standard run of the mill rain.

Oh, also when it's cold out, the gazelle tents and gazebos have awesome ventilation. The little buddy heater works like a charm no condensation, as the roof is mesh etc. and plenty of windows.
Can confirm. Last week I camped in mine in low 30s weather. Ran the little buddy at bed time and when I woke up, not a drop of condensation on the inside of the tent.

I have the T4 gazelle tent and the 5 sided gazelle gazebo and a 2 door jeep. Before I got my roof rack I was able to fit it from tailgate to the inside shoulder of the passenger seat. Strap it to the rollbar. But only my dog Hodor rides with me he doesn't mind it, but a human passenger might feel a little tight. The roof rack is almost a must with a 2dr Jeep. I also have the interior rack which provides good secure points. I love the gazelle products. They are well made and durable, I've never been a roof tent person, I camp and go out and play, then come back. I think repacking everyday would be a hassle, just to go into town for milk. I was at Ken's Lake in Moab, and these overlanders came in with roof tents, I watched them set and break camp everyday for a week. I get off the trail the only thing I want is a cold beer not to set up camp again. Plus, if I want to take my doors off, I put them in the gazebo with a cable lock. I can't say enough about the gazelle line of tents.
In my XJ with the backseat folded down I can fit it from corner to corner no problem. If the seat is up like it is now when I'm about to leave with the kids on a 3 night trip I have to strap it to my roof rack.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

• Haha
Reactions: DMS1 and MiamiC70

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Had it out in AZ in huge winds and rains no issues at all.

Reactions: Ragman

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
We got hammered with a storm that lasted a few hours overnight while in the Ouchitas this week. I think it was Monday night into Tuesday morning. Not a drop of water in the tent so now I can confirm they are pretty weather tight.

Reactions: Ragman