Gambler 500 Oregon Trails Clean Up

• HTML tutorial

Jonathan Moreno

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Headed to Chemult Oregon this weekend to support the Gambler 500. It's a 500 mile $500 car waypoint excursion thru central Oregon wilderness. Along the trails participants clean up the trash and LOTS of it. This is my first go and I'm joining as a recovery vehicle to help stuck people. The Touareg definitely doesn't fit into the crowd, but the V8 and 7000lb tow capacity will come in handy pulling dodge caravans out of mud pits . Leaving from the SF Bay Area with my buddy and his girlfriend in their Geo Tracker. Heading to Lebenon, OR to meet up with friends that built a rally Audi 80. From there we're headed to Chemult, OR via fire roads and trails to camp with hundreds of gamblers for the first night. From there, Saturday is a 250 mile waypoint trek thru the trails to a second camp for the night. Sunday is another 250 mile trek of waypoints before heading home. All the while cleaning up the trails of beautiful central Oregon.

https://gambler500.com
Trail Clean Up

GEO Tracker

Audi 80

Jonathan Moreno

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

That's awesome, have fun! I happened to be out camping during the Gambler last year, and I saw a bunch of those lunatics. I'll have to get involved next year!
It was nuts this year too. Almost 1500 cars let loose in the Oregon wilderness. Definitely want to get my Isuzu Trooper back on the road to hit some more gnarly trails next year. Stuck to gravel and light rock trails this year since the Touareg is not a heavy trail rider. Ended up cutting a sidewall and got a flat 7 miles from camp after 120 miles offroad.Screenshot_20180716-182128_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using OB Talk mobile app