Rank VI

Enthusiast III

Seneca, Oconee County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Newsome
Member #

I’m far from being an expert GAIA user but it seems that it doesn’t work nearly as well as it used to. For some reason it crashes frequently while doing simple things … like clicking on a saved folder. I’d appreciate any guidance the community might offer. Thanks

xplorr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

At one point I was getting frequent crashes also. I finally unsynced a lot of extra tracks and waypoints I had accumulated to remove them from my device, keeping them in the online account. After that, I rarely get a crash now. I wonder if it was some kind of memory limitation or something.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Try purging downloaded maps - this got me out of a gaia crash loop once upon a time.

Renegade

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Texas
I’m far from being an expert GAIA user but it seems that it doesn’t work nearly as well as it used to. For some reason it crashes frequently while doing simple things … like clicking on a saved folder. I’d appreciate any guidance the community might offer. Thanks
That is a known bug I reported a month or so back. The update was pushed out last week.

REPORT:
Feb 15, 2023, 06:37 PST

Since 2/4/23 release, crashes every time I try to open a folder in saved tab

RESOLUTION:
Mar 7, 2023, 07:03 PST

Hi there,

I am reaching out to let you know that the issue you experienced with the app crashing has been fixed in the latest release of the app (2023.2).

Here's how to update using your device:

• Open the Appstore
  • Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right of the "Today" tab
  • Find Gaia GPS in the listed apps
  • Select "Update"
  • Or select "Update all"

Reactions: BFG.dnews

BFG.dnews

Rank VI

Enthusiast III

Seneca, Oconee County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Newsome
Member #

That is a known bug I reported a month or so back. The update was pushed out last week.

REPORT:
Feb 15, 2023, 06:37 PST

Since 2/4/23 release, crashes every time I try to open a folder in saved tab

RESOLUTION:
Mar 7, 2023, 07:03 PST

Hi there,

I am reaching out to let you know that the issue you experienced with the app crashing has been fixed in the latest release of the app (2023.2).

Here's how to update using your device:

• Open the Appstore
  • Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right of the "Today" tab
  • Find Gaia GPS in the listed apps
  • Select "Update"
  • Or select "Update all"
Thank you so much!