Launch Member

Contributor III

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Bettencourt
Member #

I have a 95 FZJ80 currently running KO2 265/75r/16 tires with spacers on a 2.5” OME full suspension. Original idea for this build was for PacNorthwest Winter Steelhead fishing trips and has worked fine. I’m thinking of doing some light Overlanding in California Desert, and eventually Souther Utah and considering going up to a 295/75r/16 tired. My questions are:

Is that tire tall enough?

Should I keep the spacers, or remove them since I’ll have a slightly wider stance with the 295’s?

Cheers..

Reactions: blacatoe

blacatoe

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Stafford, Virginia, United States
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

I have a 95 FZJ80 currently running KO2 265/75r/16 tires with spacers on a 2.5” OME full suspension. Original idea for this build was for PacNorthwest Winter Steelhead fishing trips and has worked fine. I’m thinking of doing some light Overlanding in California Desert, and eventually Souther Utah and considering going up to a 295/75r/16 tired. My questions are:

Should I keep the spacers, or remove them since I’ll have a slightly wider stance with the 295’s?

Cheers..
I don’t believe the tires would be wider, but taller. That’s the only measurement change. So I don’t see why you couldn’t run the same spacer.

Reactions: Urzelina

Urzelina

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Bettencourt
Member #

Cheers..
I don’t believe the tires would be wider, but taller. That’s the only measurement change. So I don’t see why you couldn’t run the same spacer.