Fridge Freezer Question

• HTML tutorial

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Will it work for ice cream???
I haven't tried that method for ice cream. I assume with a large enough mouth on the insulated bottle it would. I have kept Klondike bars ice cream in my ARB for a couple of days though. I put them in the center of the fridge and put a 1" thick piece of closed-cell foam over the plastic container I had them in. The foam was large enough to cover side to side (width-wise not length-wise). I turned the fridge down but not enough to freeze my drinks. It worked OK. They didn't melt but they could have been harder. I should have had the fridge down a little bit more. Pulling ice cream out of the Jeep while in the desert was pretty cool.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

I haven't tried that method for ice cream. I assume with a large enough mouth on the insulated bottle it would. I have kept Klondike bars ice cream in my ARB for a couple of days though. I put them in the center of the fridge and put a 1" thick piece of closed-cell foam over the plastic container I had them in. The foam was large enough to cover side to side (width-wise not length-wise). I turned the fridge down but not enough to freeze my drinks. It worked OK. They didn't melt but they could have been harder. I should have had the fridge down a little bit more. Pulling ice cream out of the Jeep while in the desert was pretty cool.
Gotcha, I just picked up a dual so I'll be running one side as a freezer for ice cream lol. We will see how it all pans out.

Reactions: Brewbud

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I served ice cream sandwiches to my son's baseball team after their game on a 95 degree day, from my Snomaster. You just want to keep it in the bottom as far from the lid as you can. Nice and cold down there.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Gotcha, I just picked up a dual so I'll be running one side as a freezer for ice cream lol. We will see how it all pans out.

I have used mine just as a freezer when needed. Dual zone would be nice for shorter trips though.