Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
King
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Sweet! I see that it's got the fake light pod on it. I helped mod one to fit on my friend's W163 ML320 and ended up getting a knockoff one to slap on my Subaru. You can drill out the light blanks and install flush-mount LED pods in them. It looks trick.
That already has the lights in it, they come with covers to cover the glass. I would just intall 50w 4300k HID into those and have stupid awesome lighting for next to nothing cost wise.
Yeah I was thinking about doing the same thing or getting the same LED bulbs that I have in my Subaru and putting those in there.

Ir1shDr1fter

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
King
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Got a call earlier today letting me know that the Liberty Renegade had arrived and is ready for pickup, just in time for my weekend off . Just finished getting her loaded up on my tow truck and heading home. Gonna start going through it tomorrow.
Cool. Have fun with the new rig. Safe travels.
Thanks

Ir1shDr1fter

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
King
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Little bit of an update on the Renegade. I'm having a bit of an issue to get it inspected, apparently since I replaced the battery all of the sensors have to relearn themselves. So I'm having to put some miles on it to get everything to reset, as it was saying that sensors were not ready when I took it to get inspected. So to get miles on it I went ahead and got a temporary one trip tag to drive it around to get everything to reset and it's looking good so far. I'm having to wait until I get some time during the day to go take it to get re-inspected. Hopefully everything goes well this time. Took it through a car wash and gave it a good cleaning and she cleaned up pretty good. Not going to worry about doing any kind of modifications to it until after I get it tagged and ready for the road. I'm also planning on just getting some basic street tires for now to leave on these factory wheels, then once I decide on which aftermarket wheel I want to go with I'll be looking for some good A/T or M/T tires to go along with it.

Attachments

Ir1shDr1fter

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
King
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Update:

Finally getting some tires put on the Renegade. Kinda digging the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. I'm glad I sat here while they were doing it, got to look at the front suspension and I'm definitely in need of upper and lower ball joints to both sides ‍♂. What do you all recommend to get replacements from?

Attachments