Foz3newbie

Rank 0

Contributor I

Essex
First Name
John
Last Name
Browning
Hi all, I'm located in Essex, a county in the UK and am glad to have joined this forum. Technology and I arent the best of friends so my ask is to be patient. Im turning my forester into an overlander. If there are any other owners out there who travel about England, I would appreciate any tips on your rig builds and some wild camping tips n tricks about where to go apart from using the campsites as plan b. Any advice welcome. Thank you.

DMStrength1

Rank V

Explorer I

Athens, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
Hi all, I'm located in Essex, a county in the UK and am glad to have joined this forum. Technology and I arent the best of friends so my ask is to be patient. Im turning my forester into an overlander. If there are any other owners out there who travel about England, I would appreciate any tips on your rig builds and some wild camping tips n tricks about where to go apart from using the campsites as plan b. Any advice welcome. Thank you.
Welcome my friend!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Foz3newbie

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Hi foz and welcome!

We are in Surrey so just up the road.

We have a meet in Leicestershire next month (COVID allowing) that you are more than welcome to.

Check out the rally points for the exact details!

The forester is a good base vehicle.

Be wary of “kit gathering”. You don’t need anything to get going! Somewhere to sleep will do to start!

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.

Reactions: professorpool

Foz3newbie

Rank 0

Contributor I

Essex
First Name
John
Last Name
Browning
Thanks very much. Im really looking forward to becoming a member and the meet ups (covid permitting). Im new to forums so it'll take me a while to get my head around all the different links and attachments aswell as just replying to forum threads etc... apologies in advance.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

My first overland vehicle was a "foz", an SG from 2006 if I remember correctly.
Good vehicle, the biggest weak point is payload. For 2 persons who can live with less will do, We were 3 and lot of gear.. had some issues because of it and I had to change to something with more payload. Otherwise is great fun, one of my best trips was done in it. If you are careful with the weight it will serve you well.

Reactions: Foz3newbie

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Thanks very much. Im really looking forward to becoming a member and the meet ups (covid permitting). Im new to forums so it'll take me a while to get my head around all the different links and attachments aswell as just replying to forum threads etc... apologies in advance.
Welcome pal, please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Feel free to PM me any issues etc.

We have an FB page, OB - West Europe and a WhatsApp group if you would like to be more active

Look forward to meeting you pal