Enthusiast II

Hastings, NE
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Ruger
Member #

IMG_1231.JPG

I’m learning how to use the forum and forums in general so bear with me. I traded my 2002 Chevy k2500 ccsb for this beautiful beast of nature two days ago and super pumped to start working on it. It’ll be a slow process but none the less big plans for it. It is a 2000 Excursion with the v10 gas engine and 206,000 on the clock. I have 3 little girls (and mama wants more....) and two dogs so large cabin space was a must. I have being looking at excursions for a long time and think I have a good build planned in my head.

Suspension
X/c super duty spring swap. If anyone out there has seen or done one any input would be awesome. I’ve always seen v/b swap but not a x/c.

Tires will be 35”. Suspension is stock and running 33” now so with the 2-3” lift from the springs should clear 35” easy.

Storage
I will be building a drawer system for the back soon. I am a diesel mechanic and need some organization for my tools and still have room for gear.

Front bumper will probably be ranchhand and not sure and rear yet. Thinking something with dual swing, might build something, we’ll see.

Need help on a roof rack and fishing pole storage. Can’t seem to find decent roof rack to fit. As far as pole storage, thinking of some pvc pipe but not sure where and how to mount to make it look clean.

And most importantly MAINTENANCE! She needs a little TLC. Front lock outs will get replaced with manual warns. Factory ones won’t turn but 4wd still works. Must be locked in. A little touch up paint and rust control underneath.

My fellow X owners, throw some ideas my way. What works and what doesn’t, throw out a picture of yours. Let’s get some ideas stirring. Don’t see many excursion builds or threads on here so let’s get one going!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Check out front runner for a rack system, I think you’d like what they have and they can make one fit your “white whale”. That’s an awesome truck!

If you are going to 35’s you may concider regearing, the tired V10 is going to have to really work once you load it up and then add larger tires. I love your truck, those beasts are AWESOME!

Reactions: jdunk

RugerOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hastings, NE
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Ruger
Member #

I will be sure to check out the rack system. When the diffs get opened up for ARB’s they will defiantly get some gears. Ya we love it. Wasn’t sure if the wife would like it but we have been driving it around all day doing errands and she LOVES how big and roomy it is. It’s a beast.

Reactions: Cort

RugerOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hastings, NE
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Ruger
Member #

Got some maintenance items taken care of before our trip to the Nebraska National Forest in Halsey NE. 2 of 4 ball joints were toast and right side u-joint. IMG_1282.JPGIMG_1283.JPG

Enthusiast III

I've got an 01 X but it's 2wd. Have you seen the build that that other overland forum profiled? It's sweet. If I were going this route, I would put bunk beds and a queen size mattress in there. Maybe a full kitchen with 1& a half baths. Indoor pool? It's a huge blank canvas inside...