emtbfrey

Rank I

Contributor III

Lane County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Frey
Looking to let go of my Tacoma to make the jump to a Tundra. I've really enjoyed the capability and reliability of the Tacoma, just looking for a little more space for the long road trips and all the hobbies that come along. It's been a work in progress over the last three years building to the addition of a Vagabond Drifter but am exploring making the move before the camper goes into production so I can enjoy it for the long haul.

It is a 2018 TRD Off Road 3rd Gen Tacoma with the technology package in the double cab long bed, 6ft, configuration. It does not have leather, heated seats, sunroof, or automatic climate control but does include all the Toyota safety features; blind-spot monitors, lane departure warning, radar cruise control, emergency braking, collision detection.

The truck just rolled over 75k. It has just been in for the 75k service with oil change, transmission fluid flush, tire rotation, new front rotors and pads, and front alignment. Differential and transfer case fluids were changed at 60k and the rear drums were services at 70k. I have done oil changes roughly every 5-6K and done most of the maintenance to the severe duty schedule as I do use it on plenty of forest and dirt roads.

There is pinstriping from the forest roads, rock chips, the odd paint chip or small ding (only major dent is on the tailgate), the topper has some paint chips and a small hairline crack at both rear corners. The previous topper owner notched the inside rail in 4 places to accommodate his tonneau cover mounts (does not affect mounting or sealing).

I have spent a lot of time and energy getting the truck dialed in for reliable and capable offroad travel. It is the perfect platform for a Vagabond/GFC camper or slide-in/four-wheel camper as it is set up to handle the extra weight with ease. The list of additions can be found below. I have installed some of the easy parts myself but anything technical was installed professionally by reputable experts. I have a huge pile of receipts from service and installs that will be available for review and have attached the carfax for reference.

Engine:
K&N Air Filter

Drivetrain:
Nitro 5.29 gears to manage larger tires and weight
Long Range America Fuel Tank - 33gal replacement
IFJF Diff Breather F&R - not installed

Exterior:
TRD Desert Air Intake - keeps engineer filter cleaner and doesn't drill into the A-pillar, not for water
Smittybuilt Winch X20 9500lbs w/ synthetic line
SOS Offroad Steel Skid Plates - engine, trans, transfer
Proline 4x4 Steel Plate Low Pro Bumper
Cab Mount Trim w/ BAMF Plates to clear larger tires

Brakes:
Wheelers Performance Stainless Braided Brake Lines - +0" Front, +4" Rear
EBC Stage 5 Brake Kit - Dimpled/Slotted Rotors w/ YellowStuff Pads - Front

Wheels and Suspension:
Old Man Emu BP-51 w/ compression and rebound adjustment,
Dobinsons Heavy 113 (112+extra leaf) Leaf Springs, 880-1210lb Constant Load - camper ready
SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms w/ spare ball joint
Icon coilover covers
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - all 4 corners
4Runner OR Wheels - 17x7.5 ET15
BFG K02 tires - 285/70R17 load range C

Electronics:
Hypertech Inline Calibration for larger tires and re-gear
N2 Designs plug-n-play remote start works w/ factory remote
Pop & Lock power latch for Topper - locks and unlocks with all the other doors
Pop & Lock power latch for Tailgate - locks and unlocks with all the other doors
Anytime Backup Camera Switch with inputs for additional front and rear camera

Interior:
Desert Does it Seat Jackers - driver's seat
Meso Customs Red/White Combo LED Dome & Map Lights (map not pictured)

Topper/Bed:
BedRug liner carpet for bed and tailgate - matches carpet of the topper
Rago Fabrications Bed Stiffeners (not pictured)
Leer 100XL w/ Thule roof tracks, carpeted interior, and pet screens - 3rd brake light and interior led not connected
Extra Topper Clamps to keep it from moving - 4 per side for a total of 12 attachment points (not pictured)

My asking price is $40k without the RTT, Roof Rack, Awning, Kuat 4-bike rack+swing-away, and a few other items. I will include some spares I have for vehicle-specific items(fluids, seals, etc.). Pretty much everything else you see attached to the truck is included. If you are interested in the RTT, Awning, Roof Racks, Bike Rack, etc, I am happy to price the truck accordingly.

Not included but can be negotiated in:
Tent - GoFast Campers Superlite RTT (keeping pictured James Baroud Discovery XXL)
Kuat NV Base + 2 Bike Add-on
Kuat Pivot V1 Swingaway
Yakima JetStream Roof Rack
Yakima SlimShady 6ft Awning
Anker Roav A1 Dash Cam
We Boost Drive Sleek Cell Signal Booster

*Not willing to part out*

Mileage will go up slowly as I do still plan to take it on weekend adventures until it is sold.

Please message me with any questions and I will do my best to answer them. If you want pictures of anything or to come to see the truck, please send me a message with your contact info and I will reach out.

The truck is located in Eugene Oregon and does have a clean and clear Minnesota title.

Start your overland adventure today!
IMG_1572.jpegIMG_1522 2.jpgIMG_1572.jpegIMG_1573.jpegIMG_1574.jpegIMG_1575.jpegIMG_1576.jpegIMG_1577.jpegIMG_1578.jpegIMG_1579.jpegIMG_1580.jpegIMG_1581.jpegIMG_1583.jpegIMG_1585.jpegIMG_1586.jpegIMG_1587.jpegIMG_1588.jpegIMG_1589.jpegIMG_1590.jpegIMG_1591.jpegIMG_1592.jpegIMG_1593.jpegIMG_1594.jpegIMG_1595.jpegIMG_1596.jpegIMG_1597.jpegIMG_1598.jpegIMG_1602.jpegIMG_1603.jpegIMG_1604.jpegIMG_1605.jpegIMG_1606.jpegIMG_1607.jpegIMG_1608.jpegIMG_1609.jpegIMG_1610.jpegIMG_1611.jpegIMG_1612.jpegIMG_1614.jpegIMG_1615.jpegIMG_1617.jpegIMG_1618.jpegIMG_1619.jpegIMG_1620.jpegIMG_1621.jpegIMG_1623.jpeg