Flagpole Knob Virginia September 1st 2017

• HTML tutorial

MHTaylor

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hello All!

As it stands, I have a few days off work in early September. Therefore I would really like to try and get a trip put together where hopefully a couple of you from the Virginia, Maryland area would come along!

A location I've had my eye on for awhile is called Flagple Knob, a clearing on top of a mountain near Ashby Virginia. From what I have gathered so far, the drive up should not be very difficult...the route consists of dirt and gravel "trails." There may be some techincal terrain, but I think even simple rigs like mine should have no issues. If anyone has more info on the location I would love to hear it.

This would be a short, one night trip, we would meet the morning of September 1st and then begin the drive up to the top taking our time of course. Once at the top we would find somewhere to set up camp for the night and then work our way back down in the morning.

This is not set in stone what so ever, mainly I am just looking for information and if anyone in the area would be interested in joining me. I have not had the opportunity to meet anyone from the club yet and would be honored to do so.

Thanks!