Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

You just have to think like a fish!
Had to throw this bad boy back...over slot at 26".
View attachment 215797
I recently moved to an area where trout and salmon are swimming 5 minuets away from my front door, but grew up finding trails leading to hidden lakes catching bass and pike. There is a bit if a learning curve from shore fishing for 3 -5 lb fish to getting out on the open water ( in a kayak) and dragging 10-20 lb fish in lol.

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

New Year’s day fishing and camping in NC.

First fish of the year:
1 rainbow on a Prince Nymph
1 Brook Trout on a foam elk hair Caddis dry fly

Poured all night, but had a great time. Did some wheeling and exploring day 2 in the rain.

Attachments

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Nope. It doesn’t.

Caught in Flaming Gorge, Utah.
I wish I had spent more time in Flaming Gorge. I got frustrated trying to find dispersed camping near the river. Plenty of FS roads up at higher elevations. I tend to get a little impatient when I'm on the road. There was a campground next to the river but it was supposedly reservation only and looked fairly crowded. Not what I was looking for. I had already caught many fish in Wyoming and I was mostly in sightseeing mode by then. Some NFs make it harder to disperse camp and I kept moving across N. Colorado. So much to see but, as I had heard and was true, more people in Colo. I tend to stay away from crowds and found I liked fishing the small streams. My Indian sneek game is pretty strong! I would like to take a multi-day float trip sometime.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I wish I had spent more time in Flaming Gorge. I got frustrated trying to find dispersed camping near the river. Plenty of FS roads up at higher elevations. I tend to get a little impatient when I'm on the road. There was a campground next to the river but it was supposedly reservation only and looked fairly crowded. Not what I was looking for. I had already caught many fish in Wyoming and I was mostly in sightseeing mode by then. Some NFs make it harder to disperse camp and I kept moving across N. Colorado. So much to see but, as I had heard and was true, more people in Colo. I tend to stay away from crowds and found I liked fishing the small streams. My Indian sneek game is pretty strong! I would like to take a multi-day float trip sometime.
I was there in July, so it was hot down near the river. There were definitely a lot of dispersed places at elevations south of the reservoir. But you’re 20 miles away from the stream below the dam.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Yes, that was my experience as well. They were catching some nice fish there in the Green River. Just been looking at a float trip down the Middle Salmon River. Seems like the ultimate trip. I need to do it while I still can! It might change some of my plans for the summer somewhat. One way or another I plan to be above 6,000 ft. before it gets too hot.

Reactions: Sparksalot