Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Love the rig. Looks like it has great potential, even as you enjoy it now. What is your vision for it? Just use it as your are or will you be looking to throw a tent on the roof and use the cargo bay for gear? Will you pull a boat or a trailer? Seems like my own rig constantly evolves on how I configure it, as I see other rigs and get out and use it.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Love the rig. Looks like it has great potential, even as you enjoy it now. What is your vision for it? Just use it as your are or will you be looking to throw a tent on the roof and use the cargo bay for gear? Will you pull a boat or a trailer? Seems like my own rig constantly evolves on how I configure it, as I see other rigs and get out and use it.
Not looking to do a whole lot more. I've had a RTT on my Tacoma and it was great. In warm weather or when it's not raining I can store a majority of my stuff on the roof basket and still sleep in the back. I've been on the lookout for some waterproof cases so I can do that in the rain as well. I have been researching diesel swaps and may look to put a VW TDI in it, but down the road. The engine is strong right now. No towing or anything. Probably make small changes and evolve over time but this isn't my first build out so I was able to get this one mostly right on the first try. Thanks for the compliment, I love it too.

Reactions: lhoffm4