First Trail Rash on the 4runner

• HTML tutorial

Jaycee

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Took the fams on a trip to Big Bear Lake, CA up the backroad and got my first trail rash.
Went up 3N14 from Apple Valley to Big Bear. Easy trail but got to a technical spot where the runoff created deep crevace that I had to straddle. Half way over rightside calapsed and rear bumper bottomed out and busted the bumper.
New steel bumper time????

20190216_191811.jpg 20190216_191805.jpg

Love how the 4runner looks all muddied up

20190216_191819.jpg

20190216_191656.jpg

Got home and was able to get everything back together. Internally the bracket that bumper cover snaps into was cracked, but think the repairs will do for now. Guess the steel bumper will have to wait.

20190217_112026.jpg

20190217_112030.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy P

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

We took the same trail Saturday with OB INLAND EMPIRE. 19 rigs. Couldn't get to big bear due to a large fallen tree. Tried another rout and we had another fallen tree. Had to go back. These 4runners snap back together pretty good though.

Reactions: Jaycee

Jaycee

Rank II

Enthusiast III

We took the same trail Saturday with OB INLAND EMPIRE. 19 rigs. Couldn't get to big bear due to a large fallen tree. Tried another rout and we had another fallen tree. Had to go back. These 4runners snap back together pretty good though.
Yes, we ran into the same 2 trees. Next time Ill have to take a chainsaw. Thought about it for a second of using my hand saw, but I woulda been there all day. The tree on the 2nd trail 3N08 looked like someone attempted to cut. Did you see that also?

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Yes, we ran into the same 2 trees. Next time Ill have to take a chainsaw. Thought about it for a second of using my hand saw, but I woulda been there all day. The tree on the 2nd trail 3N08 looked like someone attempted to cut. Did you see that also?
Yes we cut them with a battery powered chain saw and tried to move the one you are talking about but it was getting to late to continue. So had to go back.