Rank III

Contributor II

Bagdad, Yavapai County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Jase
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Took a trip from Wickenburg, AZ, to Prescott, AZ, yesterday, and it is beautiful up there this time of year.
My start point was at the Maverik gas station in Wickenburg. After a twenty minute or so drive, I ended up on date creek road (otherwise known as county road 62 on some maps), which is an approximately 20ish mile long, maintained dirt road that will bring you to a small town named Hillside. From Hillside, I started to the small mining town of Bagdad where I picked up a buddy of mine and then started heading towards Prescott.
The route we took from Bagdad to Prescott was Camp Wood Rd. The route, for the most part, is a maintained road. A vehicle with a higher clearance would be preferable.
From Bagdad to Prescott on the Camp Wood road, you will go from mesas, oak brush, and little plains to pine trees, creeks, and little mountains.
The road also takes you to Camp Wood.
It's a little area in the pines of the PNF where you can camp, hike, hunt, and even ride dirtbikes and such.
After the turn off into Camp Wood, the road turns into Forest Service RD 21, which will take you the remainder of the way into Williamson Valley.
From Williamson Valley, you can take the pavement into the town of Prescott, where there is a bunch to do, so many things, I can't list them all. After our day running around in Prescott, we decided to head back to Bagdad via the pavement where we would stay the night. The next morning, it was time for my friend and I to part ways and head home. As I packed my equipment, I came to realize that as soon as it gets a bit cooler up there, I would need to pack my gear once again and head up that way for a multi day camping trip in one of the many spots along the route, that this great land has to offer.

Attachments

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Fun area to just randomly explore...
From Bagdad you are not far from Burro Creek as a little swimming hole...
And if you get West of Wikiup you are in another fun area to explore with lots mine ruins and history

Reactions: AZ.TRAC