Enthusiast I

Oklahoma
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Farrow
Member #

Good evening peeps

My name is Raymond and I have fallen down the Tacoma rabbit hole (aka money pit and all my free time it seems). I have a 2015 4 X 4 double cab short bed that I am building out. Managed to find a color matched ARE shell that was only 700 miles away from me in eastern Tennessee (I am in Oklahoma) Built a platform and drawers myself that I have already found some design improvements ( not to mention the issues I created myself because I overstretched myself by trying to build the drawers less than 36 hours before I was leaving for a camping trip. I have removed my rear seats and am in the process of installing noico sound deadening mats and building a platform for my lithium iron phosphate battery system and set power fridge. Over the battery I want to build a shelf setup to hold my cameras and drone and chargers for batteries. This weekends project was mounting proline tracks on the shell and then making the bars for my roof rack. Plan is for solar panel and mounting for a kayak at some point in the future. Yes that is indeed a Hollywood bed frame. It works for a number of reasons (at least in my head). Metal is expensive and this is free. The headboard mounting point will be perfect for mounting an awning that will come off the back Still much to do.

Attachments

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

The possibilities are endless for customizing your Taco. I’m a big fan of DIY. The only real short comings I have found with my ‘13 Tacoma is stopping and MPG’s. I resolved the stopping part but there is no good fix for the added weight and big tires.