FishFam_logs

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Fisher
I have seen a few versions of camp fire deflectors to gain a bit of heat preservation. Also noticed a few random “deflectors” made for propane fire pits. I was going to fab something up out of some scrap Stainless but wondered if I’m wasting time. Anyone with real experience with a deflector on a small propane pit? Not that I don’t trust the fake influencers on utube, just prefer to not buy sponsored crap.
Have a Little Red pit and heading up to the snow this weekend. Squeezing a little bit more heat would definitely help conservation of the 5lb bottle.

Cheers

Reactions: Speric

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Plus you can make it whatever size you want. I haven't done it, but I have been thinking about it too. My Little Red is ok and I've even changed the regulator to pump out more juice, but when it's really cold I would like a bit more heat to stick around.

Reactions: Ebbs

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I'd be interested in your results. I have been interested in them as well but the ones I"ve seen have been $$$ for what they are.
I have one of the bigger pits from Outland, and I've seen (and plan to copy) someone using a Solo Stove heat diflector to capure that heat going straight up and reflect it out at knee hight. it worked amazing.