SJois

Rank 0

Traveler I

Delaware
First Name
Sumanth
Last Name
Jois
Hi Folks, I am putting together a resource page on Mojave road and had a couple of questions:
  1. What are some must-see locations along the road?
  2. Things to consider before going? (Permits, wildlife, etc)
  3. Any tips for making the trip special?
  4. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest), How difficult was your journey?
I appreciate your help!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Get the book, it’s great. I found it to be over hyped as for difficulty, the only time I have put it 4x4 was going down a few hills for better traction. When doing it west to east I by passed the steep hill, I have a 4 door 2500 long bed and didn’t want to tear it up even more than it all ready is, it is very doable. Done it both ways. The road sees a bunch of use by novices.There are a lot of dirt roads there to side trip on.

SJois

Rank 0

Traveler I

Delaware
First Name
Sumanth
Last Name
Jois
Thank you
Get the book, it’s great. I found it to be over hyped as for difficulty, the only time I have put it 4x4 was going down a few hills for better traction. When doing it west to east I by passed the steep hill, I have a 4 door 2500 long bed and didn’t want to tear it up even more than it all ready is, it is very doable. Done it both ways. The road sees a bunch of use by novices.There are a lot of dirt roads there to side trip on.