Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron, Ohio
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Frank
Member #

1) How do you wire up the license plate light/bracket?
2) How do you connect the electrical? I have a 4-way connector and would like to keep the NATO Connector on the M1101 for reseals reasons
3) What bulbs do you replace the lights with to go from 24V to 12V?

Anything else people have had to do to modify these trailers for civilian use?

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Hi Rob,
I will try a few of these since I am a past owner of a 24v military trailer M116A3. Personally I cut off the NATO connector and hard wired in 4PIN standard wiring so anyone could use it. I suppose if you had both end of the connector you could make your own adapter. There is a lot of wiring diagrams out there here is one that I found with a quick search. There is a lot more resource here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/

Bulbs: I pulled out the 24v went to the auto parts store and visually matched them up to the 12v this worked for me on steel soldiers site they an reference you the exact bulb replacement.

License plate I justed used an after market license plate holder and wired the 12v to running lights so when the head lights are on the plate light came on too.

Hope this helps
Early_M_series_trlr_pinout_sized.jpg
IMG_0044.JPG Early_M_series_trlr_pinout_sized.jpg

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Would that drawring be relevent to all nato trailers or just US MILITARY
No idea do not have any experience with NATO equipment but US is the largest equipment provider of NATO equipment? You would have to look at the wiring and see if there are the steel stamped labels on the wires that correspond with the above diagram. In any event its easy to use a continuity tester to figure out what the connectors are doing.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
No idea do not have any experience with NATO equipment but US is the largest equipment provider of NATO equipment? You would have to look at the wiring and see if there are the steel stamped labels on the wires that correspond with the above diagram. In any event its easy to use a continuity tester to figure out what the connectors are doing.
Many thanks

Reactions: 1derer