Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Title pretty much sums it up..... 108* right now.....too hot to think, much less hit the southern cal trails right now...so I sit and drink cold beer in the AC!!!!! What's everyone else doing?!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Drove up the Lolo Motorway. Made it to 6200 before hitting snow. It was 81F. Temp at my cabin is about 90F now and the people down in the Valley are dealing with 100F, so they are starting to flock up to the swimming holes around my place. Stay Cool and enjoy that brew!

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Drove up the Lolo Motorway. Made it to 6200 before hitting snow. It was 81F. Temp at my cabin is about 90F now and the people down in the Valley are dealing with 100F, so they are starting to flock up to the swimming holes around my place. Stay Cool and enjoy that brew!
oh how id love to be on a snow covered mountain! haha

Reactions: Louiston and britz

Dan & Jen Nevada

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

On the Road...
Member #

We're headed to Virginia City or Lake Tahoe. I kid you not, it snowed in the mountains (snow level was about 6000 feet) less than two weeks ago. Now it's up around 100 and was 106 last week. Too hot too fast.

Last edited:

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Normally it is over 100F (38C) with 90+% Humidity this time of year. We have been lucky to have some rain, cooling things down. When it does get hot, Texas is so big, it a loooong drive to get to a cooler Climate.

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

We had a shooting party scheduled at our place today. Most people cancelled because of the heat. Those of us who were here didn't shoot long, maybe 2 hours tops. Came back down to the house and had BBQ in the shade instead.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

We had a shooting party scheduled at our place today. Most people cancelled because of the heat. Those of us who were here didn't shoot long, maybe 2 hours tops. Came back down to the house and had BBQ in the shade instead.
Real bummer when the heat puts such a strain on plans! Glad you guys made the best of it tho!!

Reactions: Quicksilver

Dan & Jen Nevada

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

On the Road...
Member #

Authorities have asked folks not to go shooting, off road or any other activity that might spark a fire. There was a fire near Reno last week that they think was started by target shooters. BBQing is fun though:blush:

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Authorities have asked folks not to go shooting, off road or any other activity that might spark a fire. There was a fire near Reno last week that they think was started by target shooters. BBQing is fun though:blush:
Wow that really sucks. Hope anyone living near the fire are safe and sound!

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

We don't usually get that hot and dry until around August or so. We had a much colder and wetter winter than usual this year, so I'll be surprised if it gets that bad this summer.

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Title pretty much sums it up..... 108* right now.....too hot to think, much less hit the southern cal trails right now...so I sit and drink cold beer in the AC!!!!! What's everyone else doing?!

What are hitting the trails in?

Here in Phoenix I try to draw the line at 112° on the motorcycle. After that it is time to just stay in the off road rig with it's AC. One strategy we take is leaving early and head up to the high country. Then stay up there till the sun is going down and then head down to the oven.

[emoji91] [emoji102] [emoji91]

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

What are hitting the trails in?

Here in Phoenix I try to draw the line at 112° on the motorcycle. After that it is time to just stay in the off road rig with it's AC. One strategy we take is leaving early and head up to the high country. Then stay up there till the sun is going down and then head down to the oven.

[emoji91] [emoji102] [emoji91]

Ahh once I get the AC on the Rover working better, the heat won't be such an issue! I just picked her up tho, so I dont want to push it to its limits just yet. Want to make sure she doesn't overheat just daily driving first! Lol, so far so good! Once I get some tires and that AC working awesome full time, I'll probably utilize your advice and head off earrrly am for the top of the mountain and head home late evening once it's cool again! Hahaha, I guess my complaints are invalid tho vs that Phoenix heat!! 108 is still less than 112!!!

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Oh don't feel bad for me. I'll take temps pushing and even exceeding 120°. I don't need to fly anywhere any how. With the single digit humidity.

I don't start whining until the monsoons start. Even with that the humidity isn't really that bad compered to other places where the air is thick and sticky. Those are they folks I feel for.