South Dayton, NY, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
USMC 85'-89'
Received my emblem today, nice day after Christmas surprise. Will probably have to wait until spring to attach it to my truck as winter has set in pretty hard now. Looking forward to getting out and doing some snow wheeling with the fresh two feet we just got. Had a camping trip planned over Christmas break but cancelled that with the storm they were predicting, didn't want to get stranded in middle of 6000 acres and no way to get out. But soon.....very soon.

Attachments

Reactions: TSO_NJ

Enthusiast III

South Dayton, NY, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
USMC 85'-89'
Cool, got mine today too. It's been held up in the PO since Dec 17. I guess they do that.
The USPS has been slow for several months and now with Christmas it's been almost a nightmare slow. Took 10 days longer to deliver mine than what the tracking stated and for a while they didn't even know where it was. But at least things are still moving....it could be much worse.

Reactions: savrip

Jerryg1973

Rank II

Contributor III

Western New York
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Glass
Member #

Hi, I’m Jerry. I see you’re from the WNY area. Are you near Buffalo and the suburbs? I joined Overland Bound quite awhile ago, but couldn’t find anything about any groups or people locally so I stopped looking until today. Still haven’t ordered my emblem yet and I need to soon. Have you heard of anyone else in the area? I know it takes awhile for groups to grow, and this kind of thing is much larger out west. We just don’t have as many trails around here to enjoy, so I think there aren’t as many people looking for clubs.

Enthusiast III

South Dayton, NY, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
USMC 85'-89'
Hi, I’m Jerry. I see you’re from the WNY area. Are you near Buffalo and the suburbs? I joined Overland Bound quite awhile ago, but couldn’t find anything about any groups or people locally so I stopped looking until today. Still haven’t ordered my emblem yet and I need to soon. Have you heard of anyone else in the area? I know it takes awhile for groups to grow, and this kind of thing is much larger out west. We just don’t have as many trails around here to enjoy, so I think there aren’t as many people looking for clubs.
I'm about an hour south of Buffalo, tiny little town called South Dayton. From what I have found( or rather not found) there are almost no trails and no clubs in WNY. Have to go to PA to find trails or Upstate NY.

Jerryg1973

Rank II

Contributor III

Western New York
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Glass
Member #

Yah, I was afraid of that. I’m hoping the group starts to grow around here. It would be awesome to have some people for group rides (even if we have to go to Pa) to do some weekend camping and trails.

4LOW_716

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Grand Island, NY, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Chisum
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2WXQ
Service Branch
U.S NAVY
I am in the Buffalo and have been hitting the North PA trails and camp sites. I am want to find more people to go and camp with!

TK-421

Rank III

Enthusiast II

East Aurora, NY, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Wenner
Member #

yeah that region South of Lake Ontario is flat as a pancake... I used to live up in Lockport.

I'm in East Aurora now..at least some hills here.

I'll be planning a trip to Moose River Plains and also Somewhere in PA near Bald Eagle. (then I'll let the better half choose which one we're going to do in late Spring 2022) ;)

Reactions: 4LOW_716