Enthusiast I

Valparaiso, IN, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Trevino
Member #

Hi all,
I'm fairly new to the overland bound community but I've always been fascinated with the concept of overlanding and offroading. The truck has been a work in progress but I'm damn near done with it. It's built on a 2016 2.7l ecoboost f150 and despite it being such a small engine it still has some pep on the highway. (It's also my daily). Currently with all the gear on I average 16.4 to 17 mpg.
So far my mods include:
Barricade offroad front bumper
Barricade 12k lb winch
Smittybilt defender roof rack
Four 9" Nilight led lights on the roof (17k lumens per lamp)
Weboost
Dual 5.5' CB antennas running to my cobra radio
Tuffstuff bed rack
Smittybilt RTT
ARB awning
Smittybilt adventure box for my recovery gear and some camping equipment
Dual 5gal jerry cans
Pro eagle 3 ton kratos jack
Rigd ultraswing with front runner table

I'm running 17" black rhino armory rims with 33x11.5" Atturo trail blade xt tires.

Only mods I have left are skid plates from RCI, rock sliders, and suspension. I'm tossing between icon or rough country vertex.

I haven't done any major offroading in the truck, just weekend camping trips around the Midwest. I plan to take a trip from Indiana to Arizona this coming November and am really looking forward to spending the few weeks down there camping.

Attachments

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
Did you move your intercooler? Everything I've read says not to mount a winch on the EB due to blocking to airflow to the intercooler. I have the 3.5L EB and would love a winch but not into moving IC right now.

two7overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Valparaiso, IN, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Trevino
Member #

Did you move your intercooler? Everything I've read says not to mount a winch on the EB due to blocking to airflow to the intercooler. I have the 3.5L EB and would love a winch but not into moving IC right now.
Nope! I haven't removed my intercooler or had to upgrade or relocate. Haven't noticed any issues with overheating. My mpg went down a little (due to the added weight) but haven't noticed any issues!

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
Nope! I haven't removed my intercooler or had to upgrade or relocate. Haven't noticed any issues with overheating. My mpg went down a little (due to the added weight) but haven't noticed any issues!
Wow, that’s awesome. Pretty much goes against what I’ve read online. If you notice any issues as let us know! Hopefully the IC thing is more caution than anything else.

two7overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Valparaiso, IN, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Trevino
Member #

Wow, that’s awesome. Pretty much goes against what I’ve read online. If you notice any issues as let us know! Hopefully the IC thing is more caution than anything else.
I really think it might come down to the make of the bumper itself. The one I have from barricade is pretty well ventilated. I've had it on the truck for 5 months now, I'll definitely make a post if something happens!

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
I really think it might come down to the make of the bumper itself. The one I have from barricade is pretty well ventilated. I've had it on the truck for 5 months now, I'll definitely make a post if something happens!
If you’re looking for sliders check out Rocky Road Outfitters. They make bolt in sliders for our trucks. I have them and they’ve saved me a few times with entire weight of truck coming down on them with no issues other than scratches

Reactions: two7overland

two7overland

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Valparaiso, IN, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Trevino
Member #

If you’re looking for sliders check out Rocky Road Outfitters. They make bolt in sliders for our trucks. I have them and they’ve saved me a few times with entire weight of truck coming down on them with no issues other than scratches
I was looking at some N-Fab ones but I'll look into rocky road for sure. Thanks man!