Boyertown, PA
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Mossner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Evolution Series - Black Top Hard Shell - Rooftop Tent - 49" / Grey - Located: SE Pennsylvania

This tent has recently received an update now priced at $4k+

Absolutely nothing wrong w/ this tent, in “like new” condition, I have decided to take my setup in a different direction, so the tent need to go.

You get it all! all the original hardware, telescoping ladder as well as awning brackets(x2)

Currently mounted on a Prinsu rack, will include Prinsu rack mounts if you need them, but the OE hardware allows for a variety of mounting options… factory, Thule or Yakima crossbars

Shipping not an option, pickup only… asking $2899 obo

Additional pictures available upon request.

Sidenote: I will consider selling the entire combo: Tent, Prinsu rack & Leer truck bed topper(6” bed) if someone is interested. (obviously for more $$$).

Attachments

Last edited:

blazingwebs

Rank 0

Contributor II

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Pelley
*UPDATE* The owners reached out to me personally to make things right. Couldn't be happier!

I've been overlanding since before Covid. I currently have a 3yr old Roofnest Hardshell RTT. I've gotten my money's worth, but the quality sucks. Even though I had a protective cover, the shell started cracking after 1yr. Roofnest's support sent us the equivalent of "Tough-as-Nails” to seal it ourselves (as opposed to shipping it back for a replacement). So then I thought, to hell with the cover and I sprung to have it Line-X coated. Still it continued to crack. With spring here I want a replacement and I started looking at their competitors and landed on Freespirit. Although the build quality looks nice, I'll never know how it holds up because after a month (March 8th to April 8th) of dealing with their new sales person (I won't list names) and trying to buy one for myself, they have been playing games and pushed me to take my business elsewhere. I drove 2hrs there and 2hrs home to check out their showroom and products, I wanted to make a deal then and there but the salesperson said he couldn't without the owner. So then they started the back and forth via email (let me check with the owner) until the March 10% sale was over (so I missed that), then, he (salesperson) changed the purchase package to get me to pay for things that I didn't want and was not part of the agreed upon purchase. Ultimately I had to tell them I was no longer interested in dealing with their company. Of course no response to my pleasantly worded dissatisfaction. Wish I could get in touch with the owner directly to see if the problem is the salesperson, or company culture (but email and calls funnel through the sales person). If anyone questions the legitimacy of my claim I am happy to forward all email correspondence with their sales department.

Last edited: