Extra fuel storage

• HTML tutorial

caleath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

I have seen a number of ideas for extra fuel...jery cans, those locking deals..military fuel cans...well some of them suck...rust etc and some are expensive.

Just wondering if anyone other than me has used these things....racing fuel jugs. They are strong fairly cheap and dont take up tons of space...and can be bought it a lot of different colors.

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/vp-racing-fuels-3562/?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adword&gclid=CjwKEAjwoLfHBRD_jLW93remyAQSJABIygGpToVF_99YhMyNQCQxVrb29aXZAtBzuFlM3uq-d4Y8yBoCmTPw_wcB

Attachments

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

, Cornwall PL17 , United Kingdom
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

If you read the whole item you will find this
Please Note
  • Intended only for use as a rapid refueling device for racing vehicles and is intended for race fuels only. Not to be used for street legal fuels

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley Springs, WV, USA
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
I had one for my ATV. Not sure how it would be during transport. The one I had just had the hose connected all the time I believe. It has been years since I owned one.............

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Interesting find!

I would imagine the restriction comes from not having CARB-approved nozzles. I would also wonder if a really ambitious police officer might hassle you over filling a container that doesnt have the appearance or possibpy all the required legal markings of a standard fuel can?

caleath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Interesting find!

I would imagine the restriction comes from not having CARB-approved nozzles. I would also wonder if a really ambitious police officer might hassle you over filling a container that doesnt have the appearance or possibpy all the required legal markings of a standard fuel can?
In Texas...I doubt it.

Sent from my LGL33L using OB Talk mobile app

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Seems to me that the race jugs don't use as good of plastic as standard gas cans. Every one of my race jugs got cracks and leaks in them before my regular fuel containers even started to fade.

I just started modifying the CARB nozzles so that they didn't lock and installed a separate breather. No more fuel dribbling or fuel can bloating in the heat. It is still a pain to fill a vehicle because it doesn't have the reach of the race jug, but one day I'll stop being lazy and adapt a race nozzle to my regular fuel jugs.

Northern tool has a Flo n go but I haven't tried it yet

caleath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Seems to me that the race jugs don't use as good of plastic as standard gas cans. Every one of my race jugs got cracks and leaks in them before my regular fuel containers even started to fade.

I just started modifying the CARB nozzles so that they didn't lock and installed a separate breather. No more fuel dribbling or fuel can bloating in the heat. It is still a pain to fill a vehicle because it doesn't have the reach of the race jug, but one day I'll stop being lazy and adapt a race nozzle to my regular fuel jugs.

Thanks for sharing that information...one of these companies has a 3 year warranty on the jugs they sell...maybe its a different material.

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

I second the cheaper plastic, racing dirt track with methanol, we were replacing those cans at least every 3 yrs.

OB#3799