ArribaRTT

Rank 0

Contributor I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Ana
Last Name
Buffa
Hello, I rented a Jeep camper a couple of times from Indie Campers and noticed they use Exposed Racks in all their overlanding Jeep rentals. I am looking to not rent anymore and get my own set up. I have a 21 jeep wrangler, 4 door. I've done extensive research and keep going back to exposed racks. I don't want to drill or cage my Jeep. I like their Click-in system for quick tent set up and removal and the fact that I can convert the crossbars to soft top (or no top) racks. Does any one have experience using this brand? Thanks!

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I've never heard of that brand, but considered a RTT (decided against it, too many cons).
I have a Rival roofrack, which is a rain gutter mounted rack, but has an optional mount that connects to the roll cage (drilling required).
20231217_150455.jpg

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Jeep say not to attach gutter mounted racks? FRP is pretty resilient but we not talking about carbon fiber here. Anyways...I too wanted to mount my 125lb. RTT and I'm a stubborn individual. So after plenty of research here's what I came up with. Plenty of shit and abuse later this has served me well.

The hard rubber blocks (4) that pick up hard points on the main cross bar are key to distributing the load from 20240926_073927.jpgthe fiberglass gutter. And a word of caution...a simple pothole can put a whole lot stress on any attachment points when your vehicle is loaded and near its GVWR.

Attachments