David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I like the slide-out system you're building. I'm definitely looking at making slide out drawers and a tray for my trailer and probably my landcruiser too at some point. Keep up the good work. I look forward to the build and what ideas I can steal from you. :)

Travis Klein

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Keizer, OR
Member #

I like the slide-out system you're building. I'm definitely looking at making slide out drawers and a tray for my trailer and probably my landcruiser too at some point. Keep up the good work. I look forward to the build and what ideas I can steal from you. :)
Thank You!
The slide out will feature a built in pantry as well as a place for common cooking gear.

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Do you have a weight target/limit? I'm always worried if I build a trailer, it will end up way to heavy.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Love it. That is one heck of a slide. Will you have to put a support under the end? Are you running a central line for propane hookups?

Travis Klein

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Keizer, OR
Member #

Love it. That is one heck of a slide. Will you have to put a support under the end? Are you running a central line for propane hookups?
I will have to put a leg of some sort under one end of it. I haven’t decided how I want to do the propane yet. Was thinking of running a line underneath with a quick-connect in the back to hook up whatever I needed at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Looking good man. Are you using steel square tubing as your sliders for the slide out?

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Yes sir. 1”square with skateboard bearings on top and bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Cool. I had given skateboard bearings for some slides I've been thinking about. I've also been thinking about the bottom mount bearings as well. My work has some at the security checkpoint for sliding bags over after being x-rayed. I've not tried to sources them yet, so have not clue on the price. Just seems like maybe a good way to go since the weight of the whole slide is supported ultimately by the vehicle or table it is on.