Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

I'm in need of a really good mechanic to help me with a problem on my 2018 Outback. I had a 2" ADF spacer lift on my Outback. It's given me slightly better clearance and better approach and departure angles. However, I now have a very bad vibration at about 71mph which slowly goes away once you hit around 78. Does anyone know a good mechanic who can help diagnose and offer a resolution to my problem in Northern Colorado? I don't mind travelling a bit (maybe down to Denver or even a little further South), I'm currently in the Fort Collins area.

I appreciate any help!!

Mike

Ldstruckn

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
That is a txt book driveshaft angle issue. Christian brothers is excellent and will even install aftermarket parts if you choose that route

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

That is a txt book driveshaft angle issue. Christian brothers is excellent and will even install aftermarket parts if you choose that route
Awesome! Thanks! I’ve used them plenty before for other vehicles, they wouldn’t install my life kit in ID though. I’ll give them a call Monday!

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

CB Auto was unable to resolve. They suggested going to a place called Autoplex. I took the vehicle there and they are installing new carrier bearing spacers this week to align the drive shaft. If this fixes it... I guess I'm stuck keeping my Subaru until the 6th gen 4Runners come out. Yay and Boo... haha Thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: Ldstruckn

Ldstruckn

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY
All for the best. If Toyota puts that ttv6 that is going in the tundra into the 4runner(both share basic architecture) then it’ll be worth the wait

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

All for the best. If Toyota puts that ttv6 that is going in the tundra into the 4runner(both share basic architecture) then it’ll be worth the wait
As long as it gets better fuel economy than 19mpg highway. hah That's one huge reason I'm waiting. The Bronco gets more power, more torque, better fuel economy. Sure the 4Runner is bulletproof but... I think all Toyotas that are still built in Japan are.

Reactions: Ldstruckn